May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (susjwp, ClapperZapper, Marks_21, bushveld), 527 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,456
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jent P Mitchell lll
Originally Posted By: ken/kebco
Some of the larger dealers may have a presence at both shows. At this point I will only be in Atlanta, however I wish I could do both events.

Hello ken kebco, Are you a dealer that would have normally been set up at The Vintage Cup Shoot ??? Jent

As eightbore already mentioned I have been set up the last few years at the Vintigers. I represent Verney-Carron in the US as well as some other mfg's and generally display more double rifles than shotguns. The V-C's have done well in the stopping rifle shoot and I will miss talking to the shooters.

I already talked to Ray P. and explained to him my conflict with dates, hopefully next year will not have the conflicts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I left my comment on the site.
They say on the site "Finally, an event for everybody"
Hardly, excluding vintage shooters would be like excluding Bourbon from a whiskey tasting expo.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Egad, what next? A ban on a group of old men playing dress-up.
I plan on attending the Vintage cup for the guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

$27.00 per day admission. $63.00 for all three days, only available on line. At least that was not kept a secret. It is available on their epicgamefair website.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
$27.00 per day admission. $63.00 for all three days, only available on line. At least that was not kept a secret. It is available on their epicgamefair website.

Do you feel that is too much? What does the Vintigers charge?

GF1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, too high...and trending in the wrong direction. We're working the hunting and shooting business into an elite business; thats's not good or helpful to the cause of hunting and American traditions that embrace the common man as part of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GF1, et al:
Vintagers is $20 per day, per person for non-members. Game Fair, $27. If the "common man" can pay the gate, fine. If not, fine. Vintagers has done well. And I hope Game Fair does equally well. There are plenty of "affordable" events for the common man if he balks at these prices. But the idea of both Vintagers and Game Fair is the ELEVATE the shooting sports and positively juxtapose them to endeavours that others accept. This can only preserve responsible sport, not debase it. Few in tweeds, breeks and carrying a Purdey ever cast a poor image on shooting. Or tossed a Coors can into the marsh. Just my view of things.

Best, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kensal Rise
GF1, et al:
Vintagers is $20 per day, per person for non-members. Game Fair, $27. If the "common man" can pay the gate, fine. If not, fine. Vintagers has done well. And I hope Game Fair does equally well. There are plenty of "affordable" events for the common man if he balks at these prices. But the idea of both Vintagers and Game Fair is the ELEVATE the shooting sports and positively juxtapose them to endeavours that others accept. This can only preserve responsible sport, not debase it. Few in tweeds, breeks and carrying a Purdey ever cast a poor image on shooting. Or tossed a Coors can into the marsh. Just my view of things.

Best, Kensal

Gentlemen, The fee or cost to enter THE VINTAGE CUP is NOT $20.00. If a person signs up to shoot any of the many many shotgun shooting or rifle shooting events at the Vintage Cup then the entry fee is waived. If a person is a member of any Vintager Chapter then the entry fee is waived. If a person is a member of The Order of Edwardian Gunners at large then the entry fee is waived. For the vast majority of us there is NO ENTRY FEE to The Vintage Cup. Our Vintage Cup Shoot has a lot of problems but an outrageous gate entry fee is not one of them. For those of you who are members of The Vintagers and in contact with me by personal email you should be well aware of our internal problems with The Vintage Cup. Good Shooting To You, Jent ---- jentpmitchell@msn.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

As a note. The SCI convention in Jan/Feb in LV or Reno requires SCI membership and still costs about $100 a day to attend. They do not seem to have trouble attracting attendees.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen, Here is a much faster and more direct method to communicate with FOXHALL and THE E.P.I.C. GAME FAIR ORGANIZERS.

Go to FACEBOOK and click on LIKE the E.P.I.C. Game Fair and then you can post on their WALL. Here is the LINK ---

http://www.facebook.com/EPICOutdoorGameFair

You will need to log in to FACEBOOK to post on the WALL. In other words you will need to be a member of FACEBOOK to post.

Good Shooting To You All, Jent

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.