Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

A warning for anybody attending for the first time. Get the map and directions from the Hidden Hollow web site. If you depend on a GPS it will put you on roads you will wish you had never seen. Don't ask how I know, but I was glad I was driving a rental car as I wouldn't take my own car on some of those roads.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

That is correct. A GPS in that area does not know a paved road from an unpaved road.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully the road by the golf course may be paved by now but that may be too much to hope for. My only problem is the dust on those roads when dry and of course, the mud when wet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone coming from the south and west has all paved roads except for the last ~ 1 mile dirt road to the Hidden Hollow Club. I may be wrong, but I'm thinking all roads coming from north and east are also paved, at least the ones I've used have been. The gas drillers in the area have improved many the busted up roadways with new paving. Best advice is to do it the old fashioned way and follow the directions/maps on the Hidden Hollow website. GPS and Navs haven't hit much of rural Susquehanna County as yet. Silvers

http://www.hhhsc.net/

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here is a link to maps. Good warning on the GPS. Mine always drops as soon as I go north of 706.

http://hiddenhollowsportingclays.com/HHHSC_Directions.htm

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Silvers
Just a little friendly competition challenge.... on the first event DGM wrote about - American Classic Championship - the A H Fox gunners took first place honors for the past two years. Time for another maker to step up? Silvers

Some suggested on this board last year that the rainy Sunday may have hurt the competition. I see the forecast for this weekend is sunny and in the 70's. So no excuses!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Two consecutive wins for the Fox Team. Three in a row?

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well.........what was the outcome?

Originally Posted By: Silvers
Two consecutive wins for the Fox Team. Three in a row?

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Winchester won the team event.

Overall, it was another first class event put on by the Hausman family, friends and the RST crew.

But for a couple hours of light rain on Saturday, the weather was wonderful all three days. I was told the number of shooters was up significantly each day over last year's crowd. I met groups of shooters from Michigan, Minnesota, the Carolinas, Virginia and throughout the northesast. The vendor tent was bigger and there were also a number of new vendors set up outside and in the covered shed. Overall, there were a lot more guns on sale than ever before. All good signs that event has really taken off and is growing fast.

Ernie made a number of changes to the course, including adding open field targets and an English style high bird to the targets in the thick woods and over the pond. Overall, the variety of hunting style targets was tremendous. I can't think of another place where you can shoot so many different types of targets set in such a wide variety of environments. As always, there were a couple of headscratcher stations that got the best of even the most experienced shooters.

The Bo Whoop long bird, Mad Jack, five stand and flurry games all seemed to be continuously busy throughout the week and were great fun.

Door prizes included a cased Galazan RBL shotgun and other guns and nice items contributed by the vendors. It was expecially nice to see a young new shooter who came with his dad win a shotgun donated by Steve Cobb.

It's really exciting to see this event continue to grow while keeping its fun, family atmosphere. Kudos and thanks to all involved in putting it on. I look forward to going back next year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DGM
Overall, it was another first class event put on by the Hausman family, friends and the RST crew.

I would like to offer an observation and suggestion for improvement. There were several stations this year that did not have gun racks. That created the situation where guns were precariously leaning from trees, laying on the ground or changing hands between shooters so someone could pull and another person score. Given the nature of the shoot, the american classics of all makes and grades should always have a safe place to rest at each station.

Overall the targets were challenging, side events fun, and the vendor tent was a great place to spend some time until the showers moved out.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.