April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, Wild Skies, AaronN, Hammergun, fishrising, 1 invisible), 1,035 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,707
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oi! , Gnomon
Since when has Beretta been one of the great "London" Gun shops??
Just Joking :), but it struck me funny
cheers
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

franc, you are right that Beretta aren't London guns, but the Beretta shop in London is a great "London gun shop"

You will note that I did not capitalize the "g" hence my phrase meant a "gun shop in London" not a "shop with London Guns"

It is a very nice shop with a good selection of their clothing. Harrod's also have a Beretta Gallery now (I believe it's Harrods- haven't been there)

H&H have really nice hunting and country tweeds - they used to have poof clothing but not anymore.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The usual London walking tour is to start at Purdey, then walk east on Mount St. to Holland and Holland, then William and Son, then turn south down Bond Street and walk to Picadilly, jog west a block or so and walk south down St. James St. to Beretta and William Evans.

Boss no longer has a showroom in Mayfair, sadly.

Last edited by Erik330; 06/02/11 05:26 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, and Cording's is a good place for English shooting clothes, albeit London expensive. Owned by Eric Clapton now, believe it or not.

If you are in the North (Yorkshire), John Norris of Penrith has better prices but less unique stuff. Excellent mail order website as well.

Agree on shooting at Bisley if you're going to be in London.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pawnbroker: If you will be there on Thursday, June 22nd. you may want to take in Holt's Gun Auction. They are located at Princiss Louise House, 190 Hammersmith Road, London. They have a preview on Tuesday June 21st from 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM and on Wednesday June 22nd from 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM and on Sale Day June 23rd. from 9:00 AM
'till end of sale. If you buy anything I would suggest John Farugia of Cheshire Gun Room to handle the shipping for you. He will probably be there for the auction and is a great guy to deal with. He has an open export license. The catalogue is now online at Holt's Auctioneers.com There is even an Aston Martin Saloon in the auction that you can buy to tour the countryside & play like James Bond.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.