May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, SKB, Jusanothajoe), 704 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,542
Posts546,056
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller, Franc,

Thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Color me curious here - how,in God's Name do you feel 2.3oz in the buttstock when you have the gun mounted? Like when it is being shot. Another manifestation of the myth leading Rocketman around by the nose I would guess. What a joy it is to be such an insensitive clod that I am and not bothered by some fantasy of balance in the hands being meaningful. Or so physically debilitated that the extra 2.3oz is the difference between lifting the gun properly or not.

Not to mention that is one BIG mother hole.

Actually, color me once again amazed

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tools of wood and steel. Amazing that some people can detect a difference in handling.

R.C. Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In this case the "aim" isn't total weight reduction, (the gun weighs 6 1/2 lbs., not a burden) it's moving that balance point ever so slightly forward. When the 3.5 ounce rubber pad was exchanged for a 0.8 ounce plate, (only 1/4" difference in LOP), it made a significant change mounting the gun. My goal is to get it on the hinge, its about 3/8" behind it now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You did a great job on that Fox, Mike!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Suggest you balance the gun with loaded shells in the chambers. After all, that's where they're gonna be when you mount the gun for a shot. Don't think that's "standard practice" but it oughta be.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pi are always round to me, but I can tell that would be a couple of ozs or so of lead between the hands which would tend to reduce the half-weight radius if I have read my Amos correctly. Moron the ends is not a good thing, wonko!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Moron the ends, indeed!! Mountain bike guy are ya, Rabbit? I have a Kona w/ Moron tubes.

amazing is certainly the word for it, Mike. Sure is lucky for me that I shoot from the shoulder. God, I wonder how Digweed can low-gun shoot those 34" bbl'd monstrosities that must "balance" somewhere around the middle of the forearm?

All y'all can really be fun sometimes. Now I have to get back to building an amp that will never sound right 'cause the caps I'm using are the wrong color and the resistors have no character. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dr.WtS

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 04/03/11 02:04 AM.

Dr.WtS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old roadie, actually. Partial to those fabled Reynolds tubes--little bits of Excalibur mixed in there with the Enfield rifles, Wilkinson razor blades, and the odd Lend Lease freighter. Ti belongs in Boeings and pensets.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steel road bikes for me2. The three here are Columbus (SL, MS, SP) but that doesn't reflect a pref over Renyolds, just what happened. I lived on a 531'er for many years and it was just fine.

REAL MEN RIDE STEEL!!!

I was thinking of having some t-shirts made for the vintage crowd. HAHAHAHA

Dr.WtS

Dr.WtS
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.