April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Lloyd3, SKB, Sun Dog, Jerry G, LeFusil, 1 invisible), 845 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,831
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder if they are making the "Field Grade" guns that Orvis is currently selling?

Orvis Field Grade Guns

I would be very curious to see what the pricing is on these guns. In the current economic environment, a well made and marketed gun from Turkey could pose some real competition to the lower end AyAs and Arrietas, as well as the likes of Fausti, Guerini and B. Rizzini.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Real competition to RBL you mean? wink

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doverham
I wonder if they are making the "Field Grade" guns that Orvis is currently selling?

Orvis Field Grade Guns

I would be very curious to see what the pricing is on these guns. In the current economic environment, a well made and marketed gun from Turkey could pose some real competition to the lower end AyAs and Arrietas, as well as the likes of Fausti, Guerini and B. Rizzini.

Yes they are Turkish. They are made by Huglu who also makes the ones that CZ puts their name on.

Forgot to say they are almost double in price to the CZ just for the Orvis name and straight grip vs prince of whales on the sxs. They are the same gun as the CZ Ringneck other than the grip style.

Last edited by wburns; 02/25/11 11:07 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson

Color Case O/U

Looks very similar to a CZ Woodcook, but obviously done at a much higher grade.

Last edited by calebg; 02/25/11 12:33 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson

THIS is beautiful. My goodness. Thanks Adam.

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What do they use on the barrels,stove paint?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have handled and shot a few Turkish guns. The old advice to "buy the gun, not the name" makes more sense with these than with some others. Some are very good, some are clunkers, but it's hard to tell until you have the gun in hand. My conclusion is that you can get a good one, but you'd better plan to keep it forever because the resale is just not there. These seem to take a bigger hit on resale than even the moderately priced Spanish guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would we assume that the single triggers on the expensive Huglu guns are any better than the single triggers on the first generation Huglu guns that just did not work?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think anyone here that has seen previous Turkish built doubles has quite a bit of skepticism.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If I'm not mistaken, the O/U gun is the same of the Kimber Marias... not the CZ. These guns are built in the City of Huglu... but NOT built by the company Huglu.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Turkey as the next Spain. With many of the Spanish makers in trouble, shops in Turkey have will have opportunity to step up and take their place... IF THEIR GUNS ARE ON PAR, QUALITY WISE. Just think, Spain at one time was turning out a lot of junk and that left a lot of shooters with a bad taste in their mouth for Spanish doubles. But, today, Spain is turning out some real gems and their reputation has been, not only saved, but brought to higher levels that its ever been.

Hopefully, someone here has examined these new sidelocks from Turkey. I am sending emails to the company now regarding pricing.

Adam

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.