May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Southern Sport, Wild Skies, MattH, 1 invisible), 963 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,850
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD, et al,
I have sold the Imperial Premier. I will not say how much I got for it.

Mike,
The Imperial Premier had an engraved skeleton butt plate like the one above.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Darn! But thanks for the response.

The other day I came across an online "For Sale" listing for your Imperial Premier (or at least another just like it for sale in Northern California).

The listing was old, but I figured it was worth asking, anyway.

BTW: my Premier has a horn buttplate.

Does anyone know where the other 2 Imperial Premiers are from the 3-gun order?

Thanks again.

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 01/19/07 03:44 PM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

A post I made earlier seems to have vanished.

Retriever Believer,

I remembered you had sold the Imperial but I did not think that it would be appropriate for me to mention.

As to the buttplate, I will have the 'smith check my 10ga for screw holes as I am very interested in finding out if it may have had one originally.

On the backaction Premier I bought from you. Last fall I had a chance for Toby L. to give it once over and to check on the repairs he had made for you. In his opinion that gun was restocked at some point in the past so I won't be able to check it for possible screw holed for a skeleton buttplate. Those two Premiers are my 'last to be sold, except for Grandpas guns'.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thats one of the prettiest Skeleton Butts I have ever seen. Just amazing work.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And it is only 130 years old.

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For whatever it's worth; that is one elegant skelton butt plate pictured above. I think it's been established in this exellent thread that Scott was capable of doing quality work right up there with the top tier makers. I personally feel very priviledged to own one of their high quality examples.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This has been a great thread. I became the owner of a Scott just recently and I am appreciateive of all who have contributed. I certainly appreciate the gun more today that I did when I bought it.

Thanks to all who contributed.

JDG

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jay Gardner
This has been a great thread. I became the owner of a Scott just recently and I am appreciateive of all who have contributed. I certainly appreciate the gun more today that I did when I bought it.

Thanks to all who contributed.

JDG

The only problem is that even a few years ago W&C Scotts were the real bargain among high grade English guns. Now their value is recognized due to sharing of information like we have done here. So now I can't afford guns I could a few years ago.

So the only thing we can do is keep posting more threads like this and keep driving the prices up1

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD,
Yes, the ad you saw was old and pertained to the gun I bought. I have a lead on one of the other two, but I'm not telling. The situation is "touchy".

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Aw - come on, tell me. I won't try to buy them.

Honest.

Hahaha.

BTW: I would love to know the story on how they went to China and then found their way back. Are we going to read about them in an upcoming issue of the DGJ?

Thanks, and good luck.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.