March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 829 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
2 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Need some suggestions for a quality leather fleece or shearling lined shotgun case. I will consider either zip-up long case, or good used leg o mutton. I'd like to keep this in the $200 or under category. It must be capable of housing a 32" barreled side-by-side.

Thanks, Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Bob Allen suede and shearling zip case that I got a few years ago. Surprisingly nice case, but no pocket for tubes and stuff. Don't remember the price, but it was quite reasonable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan:

Hunter brand makes a very nice long case that is thick shearling lined (man made..?.), large metal zipper, quality heavy leather and canvas exterior...very robust....Nice earthtones for color...around $50.00-$75.00 or so....

I have several and use them for rifles and shotguns with very long barrels, i.e. Sharps etc.

They hold up quite well....

Available at Sportsmans Warehouse in Columbia, S.C.

Best,

Doug

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Doug. That may be what I'm looking for. I've got a "new" Elsie with 32" barrels that I will be using a good deal, and want to protect it well while it's out of the safe. I've never seen many leg o' mutton cases with fleece or shearling lining, and never really card for the way the gun rattles around inside one with cloth lining.

That's really a good price for a heavy shearling lined case. I'll scope it out now.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A little more than your budget, but Duluth Pack makes some just beautiful cases: http://duluthpack.com/outdoor-gear/hunt-fish/leather-canvas-gun-cases/leather-shotgun-case.html

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
I have a couple of Orvis Battenkill canvas & leather, plastic zippered and shearling-lined gun cases that I had always thought were great cases, these sell for about $150 each. But I had a need for a longer case and that's when I did a little research and then purchased a Galazan's "Gamekeeper" canvas & leather, metal zippered, fleece-lined case. These cases are in a league of their own in terms of offering protection, as there is a whole lot more padding in these than any other case of this type that I've seen offered. At $75 each I'd rate them a "Best Buy". I would suggest you take a look at one for your 32" Elsie.
http://www.csmcspecials.com/Gamekeeper_Slip_In_Case_p/c0400.htm

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a couple of these Boyt Heritage cases. Paid $165 each. They are pretty good for the money. Retail for $250.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boyt-GCL150-Heritage...=item483d0dd30b

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As someone who refinishes wood and metal I love metal zippers!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mark
As someone who refinishes wood and metal I love metal zippers!!!

You know Mark, I wear pants that have metal zippers and I've NEVER gotten my whichamacallit caught in the zipper---thank you Jesus! And I would suspect that very few of us has had their whichamacallit caught more than once as we learn very quickly...one just has to use this same degree of caution when using gun cases with metal zippers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Poor analogy unless little Greg has 30in barrel!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.