May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 191 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,814
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#203109 09/18/10 02:29 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Is anyone seeing any action out there?

The market looks real SLOOOOW these days.

Over on Gunbroker, a lot of guns are just sitting their, rotting. You can almost smell the stench.

Cabela is moving a few things, but I can't imagine they're seeing decent return on all that inventory.

I wonder if some dealers will be around a year from now?

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

What ya lookin fer ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

About an hour ago a 16ga Model 21, two barrel set, sold for $8500 at Montrose Auctions. Add in the commission and it's over $10K.

From the pics it looked in nice condition but I'm not very familiar with 21's. Reblued?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD: Although I am not a dealer, per se, I have sold a good many guns over the years. Where I was selling on the average two a week, it is now more like two or three a month. I did sell four last week, but that was unusual. One was a brand new Sig Rizzini TT45, another was an L.C. Smith Trap Gun, another was a James Watson SxS and the fourth was a Colt Police Positive .38 revolver. I am getting a lot of inquiries but not a lot of action. There is a proliferation of gun auctions, both here and in the U.K., and I guess that's where a lot of the "gun money" goes. Still, there are some good deals out there for some interesting guns. I was able to buy a George T. Abbey and a Thomas Bland from Brunk Auctions in Asheville, NC last week at what I believe to be a very favourable price.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Even the "assault rifle buying spree" appears to now be over along with the overhyped ammunition shortage scare that really pumped up sales for awhile. Sporting guns such as shotguns? Who really knows. From what I see in general firearms sales are at a crawl and I suspect this is related to all the economic uncertainty we're experiencing. It's really hard to predict how long this will continue. However; I suspect there will always be a market for high end niche items such as that Winchester Model 21 shown above.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
Is anyone seeing any action out there?

The market looks real SLOOOOW these days.

Over on Gunbroker, a lot of guns are just sitting their, rotting. You can almost smell the stench.

Cabela is moving a few things, but I can't imagine they're seeing decent return on all that inventory.

I wonder if some dealers will be around a year from now?

OWD

OWD:

GEE, I thought your vote for the "Magic Negro" - (quote = L.A. Times) - was going to solve all of this, or so you said....are you now complaining OWD...?....Had you and your like minded friends done your home work before you voted things would be a lot different...........

YOU ARE getting the CHANGE that YOU voted for....DO YOU LIKE IT.....?

Doug

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PA24-

Wrong section, PA.

Hate, ignorance, and bile belongs in the politics forum.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
...I wonder if some dealers will be around a year from now?
OWD

"Some dealers" are long gone and some are about to go. Small business is declining rapidly. A tax hike should give it a shot in the arm....like sodium cyanide.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One large local gun shop, with indoor shooting range, is in a business park. They are doing a fantastic job of meeting shooters needs and selling guns right now. Mostly hand guns and a few long guns. But when you drive down the street to get to them you can not fail but count 13 out of the 15 other store fronts are empty. All but one of them was full before the great "Changer" got elected. This is a real problem. Nine of them wen out in the last five or six months. The efforts by the Changer have failed. Want to try spending another Trillion dollars to get it right this time?

All these small business owner failed or closed and no new ones have been able or willing to take their place. And if you look around you will see the same thing all over the nation. When government is anti business, banks are anti risk, in all types of lending and people loose confidence in the future so much that they stop taking risk you are in for a very long term of tight times.

Experts will debate terms like recession, double dip recession, stagnant economies, or even minor depressions. Japan has been stuck in this type of malaise for one, going on two decades. Sales of guns are secondary when so many are thinking about sales of homes or loss of jobs. Thank God my house is paid for, my cars and trucks are paid for and I only have college tuition for kids to worry about.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Somebody picked up a Lefever Optimius for $23K yesterday at an auction in Iowa.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.