Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boxlock
Boxlock

Well Clampdaddy the last time I checked this was still a free country and I can post, browse, reply, register, etc. etc. as often or the least amount that I want and I do not need your feeble permission to do so.
I have browsed the pages of the doublegunshop.com for many years but when I saw your post condemning a company for what seems to be you incompetence I just had to register and set things straight.
Any NID I have restocked has never had wood on the front of the stock that protrudes into the receiver, the Flues and the earlier models all had the wood that fit into the inside of the receiver but I have never seen any NID with that and I have worked on hundreds of them. I will post a picture of a factory NID buttstock later so you can see what one looks like from Ithaca.
I will also post a picture of a factory forend compared to a forend from Gunstocks Inc. to show there is no difference in length and is exactly correct for the gun which the forend was made for.
I think some of you are getting some of the gunstock companies mixed up with each other, Gunstocks Inc., Gunstocks.com, and macon are all different companies. It seems a lot of the gunstock companies have added Gunstocks Inc. to their names in order to try and feed off the actual Gunstocks Inc. companies name and there success.
I will post pictures latter.

Hereis a picture of the front of a factoey original NID buttstock from a gun we are going to restock with wood from Gunstocks Inc. As you can see there is no wood protruding from the front of the stock that would fit inside the receiver, if there was wood inside the recever the hammers would not cock and the cocking indicators would not function.
Also here is a pic of the original forend compaired to the Gunstocks Inc. forend, as you can see the forends are the same length.

Last edited by roostertails; 09/05/10 06:19 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: roostertails

....Any NID I have restocked has never had wood on the front of the stock that protrudes into the receiver, the Flues and the earlier models all had the wood that fit into the inside of the receiver but I have never seen any NID with that and I have worked on hundreds of them......
......I will also post a picture of a factory forend compared to a forend from Gunstocks Inc. to show there is no difference in length and is exactly correct for the gun which the forend was made for......

Well it seems that our experiences have been different and that really proves the point that a piece of wood that might work for your gun might not nesiscarily work for mine. Here's a pic of my 1930 star model NID that still wears the original stock and the wood fits into the receiver on it.

And in this pic you'll see that the original forearm lengths are different between my 1927 and 1930 NIDs

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Patriot USA
Here's a stock I put on a 311A from gunstocksinc. $50

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/cpg1410/displayimage.php?pid=6662&fullsize=1

Whoa, you paid $50 for that stock?!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.