Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim the serial number chart shows 1898 as the year of manufacture a year after the merger with Webley.
Jay nice magazine I couldn't find the pictures of your gun. The serial number chart shows 1893 as the year of manufacture.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Terry Lubzinski check your PM.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Homeless,

It is on the cover of the Nov/Dec 2006 issue. Check out the Peek view. There is one other picture that shows the gun with the 40" barrels on the frame and the 30" laying next to it.

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those are some long barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is the only picture I currently have on a server. It is the bottom of my 12ga 'Crystal Indicator' back action Premier.

I also have a 10g Premier hammergun with two barrel sets, the second having been made by HA Lindner. I will try to get some more pictures up in the next few days if time allows.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a couple of pictures on my computer and uploaded them.

This first is a top view of the hammerless Premier.

These following pictures are of an A or B Grade that I recently sold.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Apologies for the low picture quality on the hammergun.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey, thanks for the pics. Keep them coming.

I'm away from my reference material right now, but once I'm back I'll try and post some info about the guns. I think you guys have covered things pretty well, though.

Homelss - I think true left-handed guns were as left handed as the guyer's wallet could afford.

And yes, Jay, my Premier is the one you saw. My 'smith has already bent the stock and it looks great. I'm glad I was wrong about the bend affecting the stock's looks.

Take care.

OWD

BTW: Storm - I have the new Lefever. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow. You're going to be real jealous when you see it at the UJ shoot this summer.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD - Were it not for the second set of barrels on the one I bought I would have bought that Premier. I like the straight grip and the shield. There is also a lot of original case color. From what I learned, you are the 4th owner of the gun. It was orderd in approx 1879 and shipped to a gentleman in Arizona. When he passed his son retreived it from a trunk in his father's barn. He kept the gun and never fired it. He sold it to a fellow in Ohio who never fired it and that fellow sold it to the establishment that sold it to you. It is an honest gun that proably has not been shot in 70 years. The only thing wrong with that gun are the small dings and scratches in the barrels. I saw no signs of neglec, misuse or abuse. You are lucky to have it and I am glad it found a good home.

JDG

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles

I think true left-handed guns were as left handed as the guyer's wallet could afford.

If a guy could afford a reversed bolt don't you think he could afford reversed triggers and chokes ?

I'm hoping someone can enlight'n us on Jims gun.
Is it a Perkes bar action a Rogers or a Southgate ?

The serial number on Jims gun shows a date of 1898. The Scott book said the Perkes action was superceded by the Rogers Action in 1897 but also says the Rogers was used in conjuction with The Southgate Ejector pattern pattened in 1893.

The book says the Perkes is the identified by the presence of two screws on the watertable that retain the cocking rods.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.