April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (oskar, graybeardtmm3), 989 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

If enriching the lives of others is part of why we're here, then he did a first class, A+ job. We always laugh about him referring to the side by side with the twin poly chokes installed as "very nearly the d*mndest thing I ever saw!" Thanks Mr. M.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Such terribly sad news. Mr.McIntosh was one of the most interesting and dynamic sporting writers of this or any other generation. I have enjoyed his entire body of work always looking forward to the next. I borrowed from his style in my own writings knowing that it never quite reached his par.

I write this with a heavy heart tonight, Mr.McIntosh will be deeply missed and my most sincere condolences do out to his wife, family, & friends.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear of this, a great loss.

Mac did what many of us only pretend to do.

Sincere sympathy to Crossed Chisels and the many others who loved the man.

Hopefully, Mac and Jethro are somewhere in an autumn wood catching-up.

C. K.

JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news. Lord have mercy on the man's soul, his remaining family, and friends.

What was the cause of his passing?

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is awful new's.......and at 66,there was much,much more life ahead for him.....I am truly saddend by this,his work's are high on the pedastel for me,I really hope he passed peacefully being with someone or doing something he loved..... honestly ,when it come's right down to it that's all any of us can really wish for.

Sad day

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news to hear that even here in Belgium.I liked his dynamic style of writing. I knew him from his books I have a signed copy from his book "The big bore Rifle and his book "Best Guns". Again an American legend is gone to soon.
Marc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe he'd had heart problems previously. I did not know him, but I think we can bless him for resurrecting the side by side from the ash heap of history. And if we jokingly blame him for the fact that classic American doubles cost so much . . . I expect he might chuckle right along with the rest of us.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sad news. I never met him in person, but we talked on the phone a couple times and he was kind enough to write the foreword to my MacQuarrie bio. He never asked for anything other than a signed copy of the book. I had hoped to shake his hand one day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What MM wrote of being accidentally shot by a good friend while ruffed grouse hunting in our Minnesota woods was a work of remarkable grace.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

We have lost the finest prose stylist -- ever -- to write about guns. It is the end of an era, one Michael helped create.

He was in intense physical pain when I visited him in late June -- yet till the very end he still intended to go to the Fieldsports Shooting School this week. He loved his craft, and was a master at it, and he loved loved words and shooting and guns and the folks he met through them.

Damn, I will miss him.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.