May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (L. Brown, Jimmy W), 276 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,570
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

You asked for a value you got one....I don't think you'll find anyone that will argue with the prices I gave you.

As far as you...I just love the guys that inherit a piece of crap gun come on here 'fishing' acting like they want a value.

Originally Posted By: MarketHunter
You have struck the nail on the head, HomoJoe is our resident douche bag. Put him on ignore, that's what most of us do.

DLH

Maybe the fAt hOmo Destry would like to hook up with and give you shooting lessons.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have to admit it though, Joe's posts sometimes crack me up!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with treblig1958, some of jOe's post are pretty funny, unfortunately are really mean spirited. What I find interesting is how he can deliver such a punch in so few words, now that's a gift. I also feel resident troll is a much better description of jOe then DB. As for you guys that go after him, why bother? All it does is get you upset while giving jOe pleasure. Sort of like mud wrestling with a pig, you both get covered in mud, but the pig likes it! You guys that go after jOe are fools, your just playing into his game, a game he's very good at I might add.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got a good bellylaugh at jOe's reply. My advice to the gent who owns that gun: don't ask questions about a gun's value unless you want to hear the truth. Thanks, jOe, for telling it like it is. Chopper

Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

I don't know if there is a place to get a more distilled valuation of a hardware store gun than here. They sold for $10.00 when new. Just because they are old, doesn't make then suddenly worth $11.00.

The only part of the fishing expeditions I don't like, is the subterfuge about the obvious desire to sell the relic.

Out there doing it best I can.
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

wow.....all this and not one bit of info on j.b clement or cambridge arms.....so most of you guys are drama queens and have nothing better to do than get on a forum and stir up mud with new people...great..i have been on a site for military firearms and the guys there are way more mature and social than this site..you guys should be ashamed of yourselves....dont seem like a whole lot of serious minded people but more like a bunch of fuktards.....have a nice day!!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

J.B. Clement was a hardware retailer in Ohio, I believe. He's not a maker of shotguns, it's kind of like Western Auto on a pump shotgun. I don't doubt Cambridge Arms is also.

If you look on the barrel flats or water table of the gun, you'll likely see Belgium proof marks.

No way to break it gently, the guns aren't valuable as collecter shotguns. And no value as shooters. Not trying to be a DB, just stating facts.

Collector guns are very high quality, and usually have a quality name. American guns like older Lefever, L.C. Smith, Parker. And some others. High quality American guns are pretty rare, as (I think) fewer were built than English guns, which generally were bougth by rich guys and were so furnished.

As someone said, the English double is a few hundred bucks. The others aren't worth anything of value except as decoration.

Last edited by Genelang; 08/12/10 05:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did someone say Cracker Barrel restaurant

Sidelock
Sidelock

As stated above, JB Clements was an Ohio merchant who imported guns from Belgium. Mostly cheap guns made by Henri Pieper to a very low price point.

Cambridge Arms was one of the many trade names used by Crescent. Again, very low price point guns.

The gun in your pictures has very little value and is certainly not worth insuring.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nah, I think it really bothers HoJo that some of us hate him so much. He's one of those guys that feels like being a bully really makes him seem cool and he's really just looking for approval which is what he gets from some. He's a creep, it's just that simple.

DLH

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.