May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Roundsworth, FlyChamps, Jusanothajoe, tut, Birdog, 1 invisible), 637 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,529
Posts545,869
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael, I would remove my reminder to j0e, but it seems that there is no way to edit and delete after this time has gone by.
Sorry!
Btw, I did take this topic/thread to the top from p4.
Be a good sport and overlook my replies, and please go on with your study.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Guys- thanks for the pics & infos on the guns.

I hope some more people reply with their Premiers.

BTW: all W & C Scott's are welcome.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

For italiansxs

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you Michael for posting these pictures. One obvious thing that was changed over the years on this Scott is the beavetail forend. I plan to have this rectified in the future. Th gun was made in the 1890s locks up and operates like it was made yesterday and has fluid steel barrels but there's no indication it was ever proved for smokless powder.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael,

What can you tell us about the cross-bolt on that gun? I have a Scott with the same bolt which is different that the ones I have seen on other guns.

Thanks,

JDG

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay, It's jim's gun I just posted the pictures for him.

In Vegas late week I looked at a Monte Carlo “B” that had a square crossbolt but seem to remember it was somewhat different. This was a cosmetically challenged gun (needed the barrels reblued-browned and a stock finish but a nice tight gun with good barrels for $1600 asking, don’t remember the seller but was still there last I looked.

Jim, Very nice gun and I agree a beaver-tail only looks right on a beaver.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay:
I can answer your question at least in regards to my Scott. To open the gun you push the top lever to the left rather than to the right. It is the only double I've ever owned that operated this way. IMO: This is a more logical arrangement for a right handed shooter as you can simply push the lever to the left. with your thumb rather that having to reach across to push it to the right
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Italian -

It sounds like your Scott was made as a true left-handed gun. I've seen a few left-hand British guns, but they're few and far between.

What does it say on the rib of your gun?

What type of forend latch does it have?

I think the square crossbolt as called something like Scott's Improved crossbolt, or something like that. I'll have to look it up.

It looks like a way to sneak around Greener's patent.

I've been told that square bold are much harder to fit right.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

OWD,

That is exactly what mine says on the base of the rib "Scott's Improved Bolt". It is exactly the same as Jim's bolt however it is reversed for a right-handed shooter. I'll post pictures shortly.

Thanks,

JDG

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Does the bolt on a normal (right-hand) gun protrude to the left, I seem to remember the “B” with the bolt sticking out on the left side when open?

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.