May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Toby Barclay, Craigster, SKB, Marks_21, docbill), 428 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,526
Posts545,830
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Now that's thinking with yer dip stick Jimmy.
Your better shooters will tell you the same thing. Quit worrying about all the technical stuff and just practice shooting the gun. Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that. You shoot and think with your ........

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Phideaux, perhaps the best information contained herein is the recommendation that you get, and read, Brister's book.

Perhaps it is the best information but I won't know that until I actually get Mr. Brister's book now will I?

Rocketman- Your calculations explain much! Thank you! Great data. I suppose it stands to reason that the muzzle wouldn't be moving as quickly if the target, moving at the same speed, were at 50 yards as opposed to 10, correct? That would make the effect even smaller. Interesting. I suppose if I were an engineer or a physicist I'd have known that.

Quote:
Also, you state that, "Ergo, the shot pattern is bent by the swing of the barrel, but only a trivial amount," at 10 yards... how does that trivial amount extrapolate when the pattern spreads from 12 bore to a 30" pattern (aka at 40 yards?) I mean I understand we're talking about fractions of an inch at the muzzle, but at 40 yards, with the pattern expanding how does that cone of growth look?

These would have been my next questions by Wonko and yourself have asked and answered those for me as well. Many thanks. These are the types of things I was hoping to discuss when this thread started. I'm glad we finally got here.

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jimmy W
Now that's thinking with yer dip stick Jimmy.
Your better shooters will tell you the same thing. Quit worrying about all the technical stuff and just practice shooting the gun. Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that. You shoot and think with your ........

Maybe this is the best advice. I can think of things where this philosophy wouldn't work too well, IE doing a break job on your vehicle by yourself the first time, but sometimes we have to think things out to realize they're irrelavent.

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
the issue is certainly settled now.

Glad that's over crazy

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
the issue is certainly settled now.

Glad that's over crazy
Wore out your rectum thinking with your brain again, eh, Joby? Ha-Ha! smile

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Hey!! Here's a thought, Joby. Why don't you go over to the other board and use my name so everyone will know it isn't me. Or, what's that? They won't they let you on anymore? Gee. frown

Sidelock
Sidelock

What you talking about Jammy....You been in the sauce or does yer insanity just come natural.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

That's right, Joby. I forgot. You were the person who played that inbred mutant playing the banjo in Deliverence. That's why you can't remember. D-u-u-u-u-h!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why don't you and Ted take yer retarded crap else where.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Why don't you and Ted take yer retarded crap else where.
Why don't I go somewhere else? I've been on here a bit longer than you have there squirt. A lot of us feel that you are nothing more than a temporary vagrant. That will be the day when you tell someone to go somewhere else, bub. Or better yet, why don't you go back over to another board and use my name for a while. See what that gets you. smile

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.