May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (mark, JohnfromUK, 1 invisible), 913 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,855
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a really dim view of life, the universe and everything, Jim. Being the spiritual sort myself, I prefer the partial apotheosis of the Frisbeetarian faith, which states that when we die, our souls fly up to land on the roof and get stuck there.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rabbit
Being the spiritual sort myself, ....I prefer the ....Frisbeetarian faith, which states that when we die, our souls fly up to land on the roof and get stuck there.

jack

Brer' Rabbit, were I you, I would find another "faith" to belong to. Gettin' stuck on the roof ain't what I have in mind when I die!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack, I gotta go along with the Chief here, I wanta go farther than the roof--by quite a ways. But then again, that may be a whole lot better than going to a "real hot" cellar.
Curtis

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I think Rocketman needs a more creative money man!
...and some of the others need a man who will listen for 150.00 an hour.

Sidelock
Sidelock

R. L. Wilson perhaps? Or was that more of a self-help thing?

jack

Low Tho, I'm happy to know what your shrink costs but be aware that the magnificent head petters charge more than the payments on minivans, your mortgage or investment income.
It's all about your ability, senility, vulnerability, depravity and/or stooping to take at your level.
None win. Some take. Few play with the likes...

Last edited by Jacob Jesus Escape'; 01/09/07 11:03 PM.

thelatestinsanity
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, JW, that is not at all what I said. I said it is a lot easier to spend big lumps of money that to earn/acquire them. It is difficult and rare to keep an earning lifestyle across three generations of family. It seems to be human nature to "lay down the shovel and the hoe" as soon as there is what appears to be a family life-time bank roll. Most people dramatically underestimate how much they will spend with a "spendy" lifestyle. More money is needed to actively collect high dollar guns than most would think. And, yes, I know about investments - good and bad. It is amazing how many people, both with big income streams and who "acquire" a chunkogreen, see it all as disposable and never consider how much to save/invest before the chunk/stream is gone. Oh, yes, I also said Yankee dollars will buy privledge and favor (P&F) as surely as do Pounds Stirling, Euros, Yen, Pesos, or any other coin. Note that for everyone buying P&F, there are several people selling it; this also strikes me as fundamental to human nature and nature in general. Ever see a pup astruttin' a new bone in front of his litter mates?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

There is a spend period in the middle of your life that you should take advantage of, after that, life becomes pretty basic - no matter how much money you have in the bank!

Sidelock
Sidelock

When you receive 'chef-d'oeuvre' from Peter Hofer, my sincere congratulations, you made it!

Well said, Lord Lowell - look at the hapless gunshow types in their wheelchairs or towing O2 bottles on their follow-on dollies or handy sling-mount backpacks, desperately gleaning the aisles - for what? - Guns they can't really handle or shoot! When one reaches the plateau the feeling of having lived the "well done!" gun life sets in - complacent resignation that we can't take them with us. Time to blow them out to the highest offer; dealers and auctioneers be damned. Best way to leave the planet is in bed dreaming of the last left-and-right on speeding ducks or piled up in the grouse woods over the favorite high-grade smallbore with the confused bird dog guarding you from strangers. As the nostalgically angry Nash Buckingham once put it, "Anno Domini always wins."

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.