April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Mark II, Bob Jurewicz, SKB, Argo44, 2 invisible), 876 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY

What causes CSMC employees to have a crappy attitude? Obviously they see it in their leader and two things happen:

1) They follow his example
2) They know they won't get in trouble for it since he does it

Nailed it, everything flows downhill. I've seen it time and time again. There's a Plumbing Supply Company here in NY, Best plumbing. Everyone there you will talk to is customer oriented, friendly and helpful. I have the opportunity to do work for the current owners, they are the same way. I also had a chance to work for the current owners father many years ago. He started the company and was the same way. It comes down from the top.

I will say however, when I went to CSM it was over 13 years ago, I don't remember seeing Lou there, I dealt with another gentleman, Dick Perret. He was a perfect gentleman. He had the opportunity to introduce me to Tony, who was perfectly rude.

Back in 1985 I was backpacking through Europe, didn't even own a gun but was planning on getting one for hunting. At the time I had read an article about the guns of James Purdey and Sons. So i made my way over to Audley Street, walked in to look around and was promptly greeted, relieved of my backpack and shown around for about 20 minutes or so. I don't remember who it was that took care of me but he was a true gentleman, not at all condescending and answered all my questions. This for a backpacking American in denims.

I knew enough to know I was out of my price range but as I was leaving I was naive enough to ask him what his opinion was of the Browning BPS pump gun I was thinking of getting.

Without missing a beat, not a hint of a smirk, he said to me, "That's the gun made by Miroku of Japan for Browning? It's a fine weapon and will serve you well until you're ready to come back and have us make you a gun."

I still hope to take him up on that offer some day.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Boxlock
Boxlock

A good customer and friend once told me "this is supposed to be fun, if it stops being fun, I will find something else to do." That just hit home with me.

I've called CSMC twice and received polite and courteous correspondance. At the recent DSC show, the CSMC booth was manned by a late 30's looking guy who seemed irritated by my precense there, like I had intereupted his social agenda. Went down to Holland's booth to buy a hat, and received all the attention I wanted, nothing more, nothing less. The sign of exemplary customer service. I do beleive it is a skilled position and very important.

Now let me think.....who's name would you say carries more prestigue??

Boxlock
Boxlock

I bought an RBL 12 from them last year. It was delivered right on time and was out-of-the-box perfect, and I couldn't be happier with it. I spent alot of time looking at all my options and bought it with both eyes wide open, especially given the fact that CSMC is first and foremost a profit-making enterprise, and not some nostalgic relic of a firm.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will take one of them nostalgic relic guns any day over an RBL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just after the RBL 20g. was offered for sale Chuck H came East and we took a trip to visit the factory. We were welcomed by Lou who was very gracious and he introduced us to Tony. Tony gave us more than an hour tour of the new factory and the new machines. He was very friendly and took a lot of time showing us around and how some of the machines worked. We took all the pics we wanted. I could not believe how much time he spent with us. I can only say good things about CSM based on a wonderful experience.

Last edited by builder; 02/25/10 11:42 PM.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Dad sold Packards, Auburn, Cord & Dusenberg cars during the 1920's. On his business card he had printed: "The Customer is not always right, but he is always the Customer" I never forgot that, Tony shouldn't either.

George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's pretty clear from what I have read that Tony is a bi-polar manic depressive schizophrenic*. You just gotta catch him on the good days.

*I'm not a doctor but I play one in my toolshed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In keeping with the title of this thread here's my two cents... Many of their products are not available anyplace else, I love my RBL, and I like buying American products. That said, my Parker replacement barrels are a total piece of s**t and their customer service is as bad as it gets, just insulting and pathetic... love/hate indeed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"1) They follow his example."You got that right, GregSY.

In another life, as a reporter often working with militaries around the world, I was invariably correct in my speculation about the character of the man at the top from the performance of guys down the line.

With navies, particularly, I can't remember being wrong. Coming up the brow, before stepping aboard, sailors' facial expressions of another nosey landlubber for company were a good line on the captain.

It applies to civvy life, too.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Recoil Rob,
funny thing is....I had the exact same experience at Purdey's......a real class act that has stood the test of time, even for a young Yank backpacking about.
Steve

As to CSM.....I order online usually, much easier that way.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.