May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jeremy Pearce, Jtplumb, AWOLF, Ian Forrester, 2 invisible), 1,016 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't see how barrels that are made to fit from one size to a smaller size can fit. If you had a 28 ga, and were going to .410, the breech end would have to be larger on the .410 set to match up to the 28 ga. breech balls. The same would be true for a 16 ga set to fit a 12 ga gun.

I think Larry had it right, you would have to send them the receiver to have them fit, then blued. Unless of course you wanted to do the job yourself. I would think the fitting would be extra.

David

Joe Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was considering ordering a set of their mythical .410 Parker bbls last summer (I decided not to as I don't like to give someone my money with the hope that someday I'll get something in return), I asked them about weight and fit. I was told the .410 bbls would fit the 28 ga forend (is that possible?) and that they would weigh no more (is that possible?).
Joe

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friends:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed a less-than-genial demeanor at CSMC. I only hope that I (some day) get a pair of barrels that will come close to turning up to my frame, do not require cutting wood from the forearm, and can be fit without much ado.

God only knows where the firing pin centers will be.

Still, I keep telling myself that I've spent more than my deposit money in one night in Vegas. And couldn't talk about it on any BBS.

Best, Kensal

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe
Originally Posted By: Nitrah
you guys must be wrong. No one else could have taken a skb action, rounded the frame, laser engraved it and charged so little as twice the price. Plus we have countless tales of how great they were to fix all the problems these guns had, from ejector rods to poor finish.

Yah, but at least the A-10 is "hand made". crazy (please read sarcasm here if you are not sure).

Yeah, I used to say that about our airplanes: "All hand made, no two alike" laugh

Sidelock
Sidelock

"God only knows where the firing pin centers will be."
That is the main question. You would have to know if the frame sizes are the same between gauges.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW
"God only knows where the firing pin centers will be."
That is the main question. You would have to know if the frame sizes are the same between gauges.

I think the Repro barrels should be pretty straight forward for at least the 0 and 00 frame guns. The 0 frame was used on the 20g Repro and the 00 was used on the 28g Repro.

I have no idea on the issues for the CSM barrels proposed for the original Parkers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't say that I'm that impressed with CMSC on customer service, some has been good, some so-so. It's hard to get employees to represent your company the way you would like it represented. With that said, not all cutomers are good customers. In my line of work, it's amazing how many customers don't come prepared to do business. I wonder sometimes if they have ever purchased anything before in their lives. One problem that I think double gun owners have is that they think that because they are spending so much money on a double gun, that they are entitled to exceptional service. Sure you maybe spending a lot of money, but the clerk is not only waiting on you, but probably 3-4 other people, trying to please everybody is tough. One should not expect to be treated like they are the only customer a business has ever had, unless you are a Crown Prince, Arabian Royalty, or Russian Mobster/Oil Baron. One thing that would help CSMC is to staff the phone with a knoledgeable person that knows something with out having to put you on hold, or call you back.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

"One should not expect to be treated like they are the only customer a business has ever had, unless you are a Crown Prince, Arabian Royalty, or Russian Mobster/Oil Baron"

Why, is their money different than yours or mine? Also regardless of how many people call on the phone and ask about certain items, issues, problems, or things that they might not understand, it is the persons job to help out as best as he/she can and be polite in doing so.
Remember, McDonald's is hiring.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just before retirement I had occasion to teach a sales course to a number of in-house employees. Key to the program was:
1) treating customers right over time builds Customer Satisfaction
2) Customer Satisfaction over time builds Perceived Value
3) Perceived Value over time builds Customer Loyalty

Loyalty means that the Customer comes to you first--with problems, questions, etc. They want to buy from you, the focus on price goes down fast.
Lastly, it costs less to keep a customer that it does to get a new one.

GF1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This was easy for me - met Tony at a big show, he acted rudely (I was ready to order a new 21...not so fast); spoke to Lou about a gun on the phone a few years later, ready to buy as well, he acted like he was irritated and doing me a favor to speak w/ me. That was enough.

Might be the water up there in the NE, but I want nor more of them. And from what I've since seen of their production (including the new A-10 in the latest SSM, talk about wood to metal fit!), I have no pangs of regret.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.