April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Perry M. Kissam, bigblock, Sun Dog, 2 invisible), 475 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,098
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

LeFusil, come over here and I will show you loose Darne's, also Darne with huge crack between hook and barrel flats etc.

No doubt the strongest action is bolt action with smoothbore bbl, Marlin for example or Russian MC-20-01 bolt action smoothbore gun or smoothbore M-98. But if we talk about double gun - I forgot the name of the company that made double bolt action gun (H&W ?), hope someone could refresh my memories

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gregsy, go get your .500 express Parker, and take a picture of it for us to see.

I'll give you $10 to see a photo of you picking up the pieces, after you shoot it, too.

For the record, I own a few "barn hinge" guns, but, I'd never be stupid enough to think they are as strong, or resistant to wear and Murphy's law, in the action as my slider.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Just the facts, like when I had to show you how the Blue Oval boys taught the wing car guys how to race back in the day.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geno
LeFusil, come over here and I will show you loose Darne's, also Darne with huge crack between hook and barrel flats etc.

Instead of us buying a ticket to Russia, how about just posting some pics?

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society
Sidelock
Sidelock

No doubt the strongest action is bolt action with smoothbore bbl, Marlin for example or Russian MC-20-01 bolt action smoothbore gun or smoothbore M-98. But if we talk about double gun - I forgot the name of the company that made double bolt action gun (H&W ?), hope someone could refresh my memories

Sorry Geno, I'm just not going to take your word for it. I flat out dont believe you. I will have to see pics and video of a "loose" Darne, and I would like to see pics of the cracked barrel. I imagine any gun, even a cannon could be f'd up with the right dummy experimenting and doing foolish things to it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Remember, they did set a graphite pile nuclear reactor on fire over there, if anybody could blow up a Darne, it would be them. Dustin, I've got photos of the ancestor of the V action that has a crack in the sliding breech, but, the gun shows clear evidence of abuse, and likely dates to the 1870s. I'll try to get some digital copies one of these days. When ever someone makes comments about damaged Darnes, the first thing I ask to see is the name on the gun-almost always a copy.
Not all of them are created equal.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

A easy one- if an American mfg. boxlock ejector gun for your 3" 12 heavy mag loads- the Burt Becker/AH Fox HE or Super Fox- the only thing I might add is rebounding hammers to the simple and strong as hell AH Fox action- If you want a European mfg. boxlock ejector to meet the same criteria- the Lindner Daly gets my vote- I won't discuss Over/Unders or Limey guns as they aren't "my bag"-- I have a older 12 2E Smith now with 32" Nitro tubes and 3" chambers- not a Longrange- and I use it with the Hevi-Shot Classic Doubles loads and it eats them up, spits them out and the Geese drop like Lead Zeppelins- The older Smiths on the longer R frame with the larger barrel lug into the receiver recess are great guns, what gave Smith the "bad rap", IMO, was the complicated and trouble-prone Hunter One Trigger--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

With all due respect, the double guns most often photographed in a blown up state and submitted for all the world to see on the internet are Fox doubles.

Don't know why, or how, but, there have been LOTS of them, right here.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, no pics now, all been eaten by virus 2 years ago.
La Fusil, it will be your panishment for telling fairy tells about Darne strongest action to go here and to find a lot of Darne crap in the shops.
Darne is just another double gun with weird action.
You don't belive me, thats your business, I got no reasons to lie.
You with Ted recall me pack of hound dogs barking at moon.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Veeerrry interesting there Ted. Never knew that- but in a way, the Devil is in the details- as now there is hope that the SOB who boosted Nash Buckingham's "Bo Whoop" Dec 1948 may have had it do that and he ate Chromox shrapnel that day-Of course, one might also wonder- why did a game agent need to check a double gun for a 3 shot plug?? RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, no pics now, all been eaten by virus 2 years ago.
La Fusil, it will be your panishment for telling fairy tells about Darne strongest action to go here and to find a lot of Darne crap in the shops.
Darne is just another double gun with weird action.
You don't belive me, thats your business, I got no reasons to lie.
You with Ted recall me pack of hound dogs barking at moon.

Hmmm. Speaking of fairytales and bedtime stories, that might have been the hardest thing I've ever had to read and try to make sense of. Show me or post the pics/video of a true Darne that is loose, cracked or blown up from "regular" use. Thats pretty easy....and then you can add why you believe the Darne action to not be the strongest, most durable in the land. True its a weird action to most, but thats got nothing to do with it. Or how about you suggest another action that is as strong or stronger....maybe something like George Hoenigs "Rotary Round", I believe that might be just as strong if not stronger than a Darne?? Thats my challenge. I told you before that I'm not going to just follow what the Rasputin of double guns says because he says it. If myself and Ted remind you of hounds barking at the moon, then you remind me of the little gay pied piper of doubleguns playing your catchy tunes to all the gullible kids in doublegun land.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.