April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, Roundsworth, ClapperZapper, Jtplumb, LeFusil, 1 invisible), 420 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's barter the hard way, JC!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Precisely Lapin.

And as per your photo this was the engraving mine had:

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merkel with it's late 1890s investment in O/U technology pretty much before anyone else on this spinning blue marble was The Source for O/U frames and possibly components.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

PeteMar, if you're still around, here's a shot of the innards of your prospective acquisition, the "Blitz" triggerplate action: parts on a plate rather than in the "box". Except for the "hairpins," similar to the trigger group in many pump and semi-auto shotguns. A newer Merkel design has changed to an A&D boxlock design.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the pic Rabbit!
Do I have to remove the stock to drop out the triggerplate for cleaning? [I grind my own driver bits thank you]
I assume it works better if the hammers are cocked?

B

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bil, you can thank Hallowell where I "lifted" the foto. I haven't fiddled with mine. I'm guessing the trigger plate drops and then the stock comes off. I also would think hammers cocked. Looks simpler than the trapped sears in a Fox but ICBW! I may have Orlen open the chokes (40 and 48 pts) but I want to shoot some fiber wad reloads before I do it. Those screw slots are pretty slim, aren't they?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes,the forend screws that hold the ejector sears are the tiniest I`ve ever removed [I converted to "lifters"],and they are in there tight.I used an india stone to dress up a small screwdriver just the right shape about .016" slot.
40 and 48 points ,isnt that extra full and turkey?
If you shoot 27yd trap doubles....should be no problem.
Mine is about 24 and 32pts,and still have to be right on the bird.
You may consider one thinwall choke in the top barrel for incomers.
The topic guns pricing seems quite fair from the pics,ive never seen the 200e below 1800.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I seem to remember seeing 200Es with a single Kersten fastener. What's up with those? I had a minty 28" 200E with tight original bores and choke in the top barrel of about .055. I don't remember the date of manufacture, but I'm sorry I sold it without patterning that top barrel.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can believe the 55 pts. With bores at .719" makes for a tiny funnel at the end. Shot one squad trap tonite after work. Botton barrel at 40 pts. worked OK snap shooting the straitaways but something funny happening to the pattern further out as had two lucky BB breaks on hard right hands. Could be my lousy shooting also, but I do need to shoot some fiber wad reloads in it before I think about opening the valves. I slapped a few coats of slacum on mine and I did remove the retainer screws in the Kersten extensions that secure the ejectors. Did you know there's a double spring in the well behind those things? Looks like one of those duplex springs in some pistol I saw on some stupid gun show (Boddington's probably).

Single Kersten? Not seen by yt. Emil Flues had em two different depths in the breech of the Flues SBT. I don't think I'd disable the kickers on this one as pretty easy to block the empties altho I can't catch em airborne as in a worn in/out heavy barreled Citori.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's 2 examples for comparison by Greifelt & Simson/Gustloff Werke at Paul Crosnoe's site: http://www.crosnoeguns.com/displayitems....+DESC&CAT=1

[img][/img]
Greifelt

Simson/Gustloff Werke

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.