May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (j7l2, skeettx, Olgrouser, earlyriser, 2 invisible), 225 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,900
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jani:

Thanks and they very well may have. Yugoslavia left the Austro-Hungarian proof party post WWI and went their own way. Odd though that there doesn't appear to be the intertwined "EL"(Epreuve de Liege) or the Perron, or have I missed them?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

From Dr. Drew Hause's site, http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/17575181 , as a full screen, 2nd full row of barrel flats, 1st pic entitled "Post 1924 Dumoulin Lambert" has a very similar date code stamp with the same spangled "x" controller's mark. Drew gives 1928 and it could be "y" and 1946. Quite a puzzle I must say.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not a proof-mark expert, so I can be very wrong here. But I don't thik I ever saw the cyrillic У for BP proof on actual Russian-made guns. It really looks more like a g to me.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I agree with you "Quite a puzzle" ,beacause of that i need help from all of you guys.That picture of Dumoulin Lambert has the same spangled x controller's mark as mine. I think it's a litle g because my dad said that the gun is pree WWII in my family.

Thanks Raimey.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Humpty: you could be correct and I would like to know much more about post WWI Hungarian, Romanian, Russia and Yugo proof marks.

Mario:

To tell the truth I don't know what it is and some of the Belgian experts will have to chime in. I prefer numbers to characters. It may be pre-WWII or made at the end or just after WWII and that's the reason for the proofmark puzzle. I not sure exactly when the proof houses were in full swing post WWII. If you find any more info please post.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for trying. I find one site
[url=http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/buda/european_sg/1019987_dum20_bud.jsp?hierarchyId=11653]

Please copy and paste this site to adress and have a look.
This gun on site have similar gravurs as mine.??

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conten..._requestid=5648

The fences may be similar but I think that to be something more akin to Bohemian makers, who indeed did source Belgium. You'll probably have to look inside the boxlock or on the sideplate to find the mark or initials of the maker. The inverted "Horseshoe" above the gauge/chamber stamp in interesting and when I have a bit of time I'm going to see if I can locate any info on it.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don,t undesrstand some fraze of your answer, Who are Bohemian makers? On the out side of the sideplate there is no mark, Can you tell me how can I look inside the boxlock. If you have some pictures or graphics that would help.

Thanks Raimey.

Mario.

Last edited by mario 16-65; 08/15/09 06:22 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As far as as Bohemian lets say the makers from Weipert or the Czech Republic. The mark would be on the inside of the sideplate. Looking on the inside would of course require disassembly and sometime if you have someone to clean or service it, you could look then. But let me look for some instructions.

Here is some info on Russian marks and I'll keep working on the translation: http://www.gunproofmarks.ru/russia-control.html , (select "Russia", then "monitoring, compliance") http://translate.google.com/translate?hl...l%3Den%26sa%3DN . Tap on "Gunsmiths" and there are some halmarks of the craftsmen. But I have read sources and I think one to be Wirnsberger that gave "Y" as noting black powder proof.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

On internet I try to find some pics of Czech gun, there are so litle pics. It could be that my gun is from Czech Republic? I don't no. Probably I must find some good craftsmen and disassembly it to a parts.
The Y sign is probably from Russian proofmarks( or slavic states)

Thanks Raimey.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.