May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Parabola, L. Brown, Bob Jurewicz, Drew Hause, Jtplumb, PALUNC), 914 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,486
Posts545,297
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yeah, but is the story and paperwork for real? I think the gun is real - an A1S I think.

What I'm wondering about is that letter.

I wonder if that's real. Is that the only thing there is tying the gun to the Czar?

Even if DT says the gun is all original and OK, what about that letter?

Take that away and the gun's value falls a great deal.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree on the letter - it seems a little oddly worded. It could be real, but I could also believe it's not. I seem to recall the order book might have some further clues that indicate it was for someone in Russia, etc.

The last Julia auction had a Parker with a similar letter. It just had a fake ring to the wording. It sounded like a letter written by someone in modern times, not by someone 80 years ago.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Bill Schodlatz, will you elaborate on your statement that the Julia gun, serial number 168,304 or whatever, is a fake? Is there some evidence that the gun supposedly driven from deep cover, is not really Parker #168,304 as described in the Parker Brothers order and Wilbur Parker letter?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Even if the letter is fake, is there not an article in a Meriden newspaper pumping up the story? Reply to Greg is "Yes, the Parker Brothers order does indicate an order for the Russian Colonel. One Colonel, not three as mentioned by another poster." The order to the Colonel was "tin lined box" and delivery to a loading dock, indicating shipment overseas. The question here is whether Bill Schodlatz is suggesting the gun being sold is not the same gun that is mentioned in the order. It wouldn't be the first time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have any reason to think the gun itself is a fake. It could be (?) but other than some issues with the stock I have heard of no other evidence.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK. I just reread the Czar Parker section in TPS.

It sounds like we have a real mystery on our hands.

Who's going to come up to the auction to take a look at the gun?

I'll be there.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Czar' gun never been touched by the Czar!
It's not true from the first word to the last one. I don't care who oredered it allmost 100 years ago and it's very strange, but the names of the people (Russian officers) who ordered this gun for the Czar are unknown...
Fake story, not the gun.
I got talk with couple of people here, who could buy it as hystory piece, but they told me 'not interesting'.

Geno.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I wonder if some student of Russian history can do some research on Colonel Tarnovski and find out what his duties were in this time period and where his postings were during this period?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Colonel Tarnovski?! For God sake, tell me how colonel Tarnovsky (probably the son of Vasily Tarnovsky - well known general-major from Ukraine, died in 1899, his museum is still exist) could get into Tzar sarounding?
Have any idea about royalty manners and HOW simple colonel from nowhere could give the gun to the Czar as gift?
This is the real bull sh*t.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think it would be that hard to give a gift to the Czar, regardless of who you were. I once made a chocolate pistol for President Reagan to thank him for his support of the NRA. I figured he was a busy guy, so I planned to wait until he came to town then I was going to just run up to him and hand it to him. My luck, I overslept that day and missed out.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.