April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Roundsworth, Marks_21, fab500, David Williamson), 1,040 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,135
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

H.J. Hussey is consistently mentioned with the likes of Joseph Lang & Sons and was heavily involved with James Lang, possibly a Lang built gun giving you a London Heritage??

Sidelock
Sidelock

PALUNC, To get a definitive read on the proof marks e-mail a picture of them to Mr.CW Harding at info@gunproof.com. Mr Harding is the historian at the Birmingham proof house and has been happy to help out vintage gun owners in need.
If you are having difficulty getting a good pict take the barrels to a window and with your camera set on macro and held in one hand use the other hand to turn the barrels till the reflection in the metal is gone,or at least doesn't obscure the marks. It's easier than it sounds and has worked for me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

PALUNC, To get a definitive read on the proof marks e-mail a picture of them to Mr.CW Harding at info@gunproof.com. Mr Harding is the historian at the Birmingham proof house and has been happy to help out vintage gun owners in need.
If you are having difficulty getting a good pict take the barrels to a window and with your camera set on macro and held in one hand use the other hand to turn the barrels till the reflection in the metal is gone,or at least doesn't obscure the marks. It's easier than it sounds and has worked for me.

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a Lang & Hussey for a short time but that ended when Hussey was found to have swiped cash in the sale of several guns. These Husseys were built just before WWI, well after the Lang connection. Hussey, according to Masters, built guns that were popular with live bird shooters. He was the real thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

HJ Hussey made his own guns, or at least he oversaw their making. He wasn't just engraving his name on something out of Birmingham.

The bbls on PAULUNC guns could be by Atkin, Grant, & Lang. They may have rebarreled the gun and had the work done in Birmingham, especially if the work was done in the '60s or '70s.

If they did do the work, then the replacement bbls would be considered as coming from the maker. AG&L owns the rights to Hussey.

This is the gun M W Reynolds had:

http://www.mwreynolds.com/HTML/shotHussey.html

$13,500 was a fair price. I wish I had had it at the time.

Is the gun worth more? Perhaps, but not much.

These guys can't get $16,500 for this one, and it's just as nice:

http://www.fieldsportltd.com/gunroom/gun_view.php?gunId=504

OWD

Last edited by obsessed-with-doubles; 06/11/09 09:49 AM.

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

What does that matter, Lang could still be building his guns even long after they parted ways. Hussey sure didn't learn the 'Trade' at H&H, being that they purchased their guns from W&C Scott or W&C Scott & Sons, prior to building a 'Factory' in what 1895.

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
H.J. Hussey is consistently mentioned with the likes of Joseph Lang & Sons and was heavily involved with James Lang, possibly a Lang built gun giving you a London Heritage??

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
What does that matter, Lang could still be building his guns even long after they parted ways. Hussey sure didn't learn the 'Trade' at H&H, being that they purchased their guns from W&C Scott or W&C Scott & Sons, prior to building a 'Factory' in what 1895.

Ah, no. Jeez, where do people get this stuff?

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

400 NXP-

Than edify.

Show us what you got.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm all eArz....

PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GCZ, exactlly where are HJH stamped on your barrels? I find it amazing that you had number one at the Southern and I was walking around with number two. I also showed AG&L my gun as well since I was looking at a Purdey and an Atkin at their booth.
As for my add I did expect people to contact me for further information via e-mail.

Mike Proctor
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.