April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Argo44, GeorgeGibbs505, graybeardtmm3, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 1,058 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jeff G

I got one for ya Joe, don't read it. It was well documented in the title OT and what it was about. Not to hard to avoid is it.
Jeff G.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Jeff,
Don't worry, if there are a dozen people here who don't have this idiot on the ignore feature, I'd be surprised.

In any large group of people there are always a few who stand out, representing the typical mix of disorders that range from simple idiots to drunks, drug users, etc.
Most of the time its just people who can't put the cork back in the bottle...but the bottom line...the ONLY way you can deal with them effectively is to completely ignore them.

SUMMARY: Care & feeding of Internet trolls

1) Trolls are negative people with no positive value.
2) Trolls don’t make positive contributions.
3) Trolls are incapable of rational adult conversations.
4) Trolls are inconsiderate and unprofessional.
5) Trolls lack social skills.
6) Trolls instigate controversy to get people to talk to them.
7) Trolls are intentionally disruptive on forums.
8) Trolls are to be ignored completely.

The ONLY way to eradicate trolls is to completely, 100%, ignore them.

Marlin 336/.35Rem is one of my favorite calibers...whole family has them...brother, son, nephew.
The .30-30 is an outstanding deer cartridge and we have those as well..but the big caliber .35Rem makes the .30-30 seem like a pop-gun

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the link Recoil Rob:
I was not aware of this but there's something about takedown rifles I've always found appealing. That's a pricy conversion but it does turn a deer rifle into what appears to be a fairly adequate Grizzly Bear stopper if need be. I know this is a double gun forum but has anyone here had any experience with one of these?
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 05/27/09 06:58 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago I had a 336C in 35 Remington with the best factory wood I ever saw on a lever gun or bolt action rifle. It would have been at home on a best gun. Sad to say it went down the road. Worse the gun would shoot three shots in less than an inch, five in just over an inch. Sometimes you just have to ask why did I trade that gun? I am sure I thought I was getting the better end of the trade back then.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
since the 35 Rem case head is smaller than the 30/30

The .35 Rem "Case Head" is larger than a .30-30's, but the .35 is a rimless round, so not as large as the "Rim" of the .30-30 which is the part which fits the bolt face.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

2-piper has it right, one is a rimmed ctg and the other is a rimless = need a new bolt and bbl. Unless doing the work your self, better off juxt buying a tirdy five.

Gary

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sell the .30-30 and buy a .35.
Remember your "cost effective" statement.
Add to that the "no good reason to do so" statement.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A quick perusal of gunbroker might have given me the reason for the question.

.35s sell for just a bit more coin than the 30-30s. Maybe he thought it would be a quick way to a coupla' more bucks? But, if that's the case, why not convert to .219 Zipper?

Anyway, I told him not worth doing, and let it go at that.

Best,
Ted

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.