April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (L. Brown, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 1,052 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,125
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't see the "832" so I think it to be a different set.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

The barrels numbered 632 belong to a 16g (Charles Daly Fine Damascas Featherweight on rib)

and the barrels with the RS and Lindner marks are from a 10 ga top lever hammer gun.

I believe they are both still all original and if they were black / white when manufactured, they faded to brown many years ago.
best regards,
JBP

Sidelock
Sidelock

The barrel maker and assembly folk are almost without a doubt the same so the color must have been another option. As always with Germanic longarms, never attempt to apply a universal statement that all examples were a certain configuration.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Raimey. While almost all of the original Prussian Daly damascus finishes I have seen have been black and white, I am sure there were exceptions. Blanket statements using the words "always" and "never" don't apply to German gunmaking.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
The barrel maker and assembly folk are almost without a doubt the same so the color must have been another option. As always with Germanic longarms, never attempt to apply a universal statement that all examples were a certain configuration.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

With all due respect to all---I really think that Black and White was the standard and seldom, if ever, was a Lindner gun finished any other way. My source is Georg Schilling, a good friend in Suhl, that knows from his family history and interest in metal colors.
I might also mention that of the 13 Lindner Dalys that I have own/owned, none were otherwise.
Granted that we can tell the difference in an English Brown and White (even after 100 years) and any Black and White that is turning, the original B & W color is there.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe mine has original finish - it's B&W fading to a slight brown.

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

CptCurl:

Would you give us the initials, if any, on the underside of the tubes?

Mr. Mann:

I invite opposing opinions and different points of view as well as information from any credible source due to the fact that the end product will be of much better quality. I do however, like your use of the term "seldom" as even you might give a nod to a variation.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am away from the full data base right now, but from what I have in front of me I can report that the following initials have been reported on Prussian Dalys:

R.S. *
E.E. *
K.S. *
J.W *
L.G (or E.G)
A.B. *
M.S.
L.E.
A.S.

(Please remember that because much of this data has been reported and not personally observed, I cannot vouch for the accuracy. Also remember that due to the nature of the stamping process, some of the stamps are hard to read - what one person reports as "A.S.", may actually be "A.B". I've noted with an asterisk above those initials that have been reported more than once.)

Ken

Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi, I have a Charles Daly 10 ga with Jones underlever with "RS" initials on the left bbl near the rib and no Linder markings. Also in the frame slot are the initials "AH" or "AR." I can't remember how to post a photo but I posted them here a year ago I believe. The SN is 1092.

I also have a 12 ga toplever gun SN 16000 range that has "AK" or "AR" or "AB" on the left bbl near the rib. It also has a partial "13" stamp on the bottom of the bbl that I take to be the rough bore before finishing. The bottom of the right bbl near the rib has what looks to be a "C" or "G" stamp.
The bbl flats are also stamped with what may be an "RL" or "AL" or "HL"
Erick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, you might add the initials "E. SCH" to your list. They are on my 16 gauge Diamond grade, serial #3624.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.