April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (dogon, KDGJ, Kolar Dickson, Lawrence Kotchek, Longknife, Der Ami), 244 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,442
Posts544,770
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I reject the notion that food is the only legitimate reason for killing animals.

Hunting is first and foremost a tool for wildlife management.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Big game is not my cup of tea, I try not to judge what others do.

tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with Obsessed...five or six guns minimum, and it had to be a close call? 5 or 6 guns, and this is a sport? I also rooted for the cat.

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
Sidelock

That cat was already wounded by the client, the blond lady in the video. The guides got together and made sure the lion was recovered. To root for the lion in this video means you wanted a wound animal to go unrecovered.

Sidelock
Sidelock

By selling hunting rights for big game and small game funds are made available to preserve wildlife habitat. Most certainly some land that would go to farming or ranching becomes economically viable with hunting fees as a place for wild animals to live. Certainly some African parks and reserves would be poached out if funds generated hunting fees were not available to provide poacher control.

This bird season on my lease I killed a Bobcat in the middle of a busted up quail covey. I didn't eat it. I did eat everything else I killed. I see no difference in the ethics of sport hunting upland game and sport hunting lions. Something will eat the lion.

In regard to the number of shooters, in their defense they were hunting a wounded lion.

I always root for the lion to get away.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 03/01/09 11:17 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting philosophical debate....I find the argument that "I hunt deer but would never kill a regal lion' pretty hard to digest. It's sort of like the guys who get teary eyed over some mutt but will sit around and laugh like simpletons 'cuz they killed a housecat with a shovel.

I don't have any issues with a modern big game hunt, but it's hard to deny that the past 100 years have turned what was a true adventure into just another way for a rich man to pat hisself on the back. It's no different than seeing some millionaires 'defy all odds in the face of danger' (yawn) by racing $30 million yachts up and down Lake Superior.

That lion probably had a better life than some lion they keep couped up the Cincinnati Zoo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't fall for the cute looks of the lion - they are the predator bugs and I suspect they must be worse than the feral cats in the neighborhood for making the bunny rabbits and the little birdies disappear. Usefulness? at least the rabbits eat the dandelion and the birds gobble up masses of insects. I like that. Go Go Hunter.

How come no one feels for the wild boar, dress them in pink and they're just as cute as our delicious piggies and they even taste like bacon (well, sort of). Disney Land PR management works for some animals more than others. It's not fair. So what.

binko #138287 03/01/09 11:48 PM
Boxlock
Boxlock

This lion charge came from Botswana. The woman in the beginning was the hunter who wounded simba. Johan called in extra PH's to help in sorting it out. If you take notice many of the PH's knelt down to get at the same plane with a cat on the charge. The Ph who the lion locked eyes on him and came, he was shooting a 416 right handed Dakota left handed. He knew he only had one shot and waited for the one and only shot he had. You can see the results.
Why the extra guns? There are many Ph's who do not survive a lion mauling.

Last edited by africanhunter; 03/01/09 11:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

sorry, but don't see the point of shooting something I won't eat. It simply takes more money than brains and they'll allow anyone to shoot at dangerous animals. Then you have six pro hunters finish the job?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'da shot Henry Lee Lucas but I wouldn't eat him.

Why does eating something make it OK to have killed it?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.