April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Southern Sport, Krag 1902, Ted Schefelbein, PALUNC, ChiefAmungum), 1,003 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,256
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's my suggestion guys, take a day off internet posting and go shooting. I did over the weekend, did me a world of good as it always does.

Though I nearly frostbit my trigger finger as I had to shoot without a glove on that hand. It was so cold the safety slide on my Parker didn't wanna go forward without a hefty push and a gloved thumb just wouldn't do the work.

Killed mallards and black ducks myself, plus a couple geese, even a banded mallard drake. Saw a full plumage drake shoveler shot (not something you see much outside of late season South Louisiana), and my buddy killed a banded drake pintail, first banded one of those I ever saw.

Get out amongst 'em over the holidays, even if it's some cold weather clay shooting. Use the guns for they're intended purpose, you'll feel better for effort.

Me I'm headed home to Southern Illinois for Christmas then on to Reelfoot Lake with my father for couple days shooting. Weekend after I'll be back across the river for ducks again if we can find some water that ain't solid.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

All I know is what I have learned from working for a living- WTF is the difference in a vernier if you call it a dial readout or a digital readout-performs the same function. You guys like to rag on me for reasons, which if I had half the ascribed wisdom of King Salomon the Baby Slicer, I could never fathom. Here's what it is, as to my knowledge of machine shop, welding (TIG, SMAW, MIG) and basic metallurgy-

I have been a "biker" since HS-now ride a 2001 Softail Harley- I am not a "gang-banger", don't wear any "colors" and when I visit Sturgis in mid-August I know enuf not to: take fotos, touch anyone's ride BUT- I am accepted because I have TIG welded beaucoup frames for choppers- Bikers don't know squat about guided bend tests (root or face) or ASTM or hydrogen embrittlement or what a HAZ is, and why it is critical to a good solid weld- If I didn't have my *&^% together doing work for a critical "audience" like hard-core bikers, you wouldn't have old Foxie around to rag on. These guys don't suffer fools lightly when it comes to their rides-

There are others here who probably know way more about Model 12's and Model 70's than I do-but I know enough to satisfy me-and WTF again- they are MY weapons, so if I want to shoot steel loads in a M12- 12 gauge, they are my guns and my choice.

Try to offer some insight as to what 50 years of serious bird and waterfowling has taught me, and I get ripped. But it is the Holidays, peace on earth and goodwill and all that-

Market Hunter-why are you so interested in my POS Mossenburgher- you can't wear them out- used by SWAT, SEALs, SF and other "high risk" units-why?? because they are so friggin' reliable- and the HE Fox- you are a Parker man, right? So If I, like the late Nash B. in his later years, decided that an almost 11 lb. 32" barreled 12 gauge Magnum was getting "a tad heavy", I decided to sell it, and I bought a 28 gauge M12 for my current Lady to use next Fall.

And about Model 12's on this "Double Gun Shoppe"- why did Dave Weber open up a new section for single shot rifles- and double express rifles? If a pre-1963 Model 12 ain't a "fine gun" then a Steinway Concert Grand ain't a "fine piano"!! Joyeux Noel anyway--

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 12/26/08 02:49 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox,

I could give two $hits what gun you shoot, don't shoot, or sell. I'm always interested in hearing about a magnum Fox as I've always been keen to own one actually. But I never asked you to let me know if you were gonna sell it so I don't know where you're coming from there either.

You just go on and on here so much, most of it in relation to your collection of Model 12 shotguns that I thought maybe you'd be better off in a place where they appreciate them more. I used to shoot a Heavy Duck Model 12 a little bit and they're a fine gun but not a double. Me, I'm partial to Model 11 Remingtons, but I usually don't have much to say about them here because this isn't the forum for them.

I've held "Bo Whoop II" in my hands and it is a heavy fowling piece. I can see how Buckingham might have given it up in favor of a lighter gun in his advanced years. But I doubt Mista Nash would have gone as far as shooting a Mossburg plastic alloy POS.

I'm off to some of Nash's old stomping grounds (Reelfoot) here in a few days to hopefully shoot a duck with the old man. So do like I suggested, calm down, and keep your guns hot. I'll try to do the same. Merry Christmas to all!!!

DLH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MarketHunter

I've held "Bo Whoop II" in my hands and it is a heavy fowling piece.

Oh my God....yOu actually held it.

Could I get your autograph ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Got a big News Flash for you Market Boy- The Old Man died in March 1971- you gonna hunt "buurds" with Nash's ghost maybe. There ain't no Model 12 forum that I know of, and Nash would NOT have shot a POS Mossenburger with the Special Ops. black plastic K-Mart stock back in his day(s) because they didn't exist. I will apologize (somewhat- I'm like the late "Hank The Deuce"- I don't explain) about the HE FOX- as some of your "pals" who got me shitcanned from the elitist Parker gruppen because I refused to divulge the Name, Rank and Serial Numbers of the two 12 AHE's I (and my two Grandsons and the lawyers) own-

Got some, to me, vindication on that move- another site-a gentleman wrote that many dealers won't give out the serial numbers, or maybe just the first 3 followed by XXX's - as the sites (Gun Brokers) Gunz Amerika- etc) are "heavily trolled" and why give the bad guys any more info than they already get.

The HE is in the Cabela's "system" sorta- believe one of their gun dept. managers bought it for his own use- hope he's a big fella like you, that Fox is a cannon.

I like your stuff and the way you write it here, also Don Moody and John Mann, so if I "fired back" from my position of Model 12 ownership on a double gun forum, it is because I read Dave's rules as allowing it- ditto single shot rifles, drillings, over and unders and other fine weapons not made by the Bros. Hunter or Parker-

So shoot well at "Reel Foot", I shoot the Model 12's because shot for shot, shell for shell I kill more birds consistently with Mr. Thomas C. Johnson's "Perfect Repeater" than any other form of shotgun ever- Feliz Navidad-- RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 12/26/08 02:41 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I hope there is a special corner in hell for elitist pricks that look at someone's gun, likely a younger, poor, or, female shooter in the case of a Mossberg, and refer to it as a "POS". If you did it while I was present, you would find yourself un-invited, if not with the mouthful of busted teeth you would so richly deserve. If someone shows up to shoot with a functional, safe gun, Mossberg 500s included, why the hell should anyone be anything except thankful that said shooter wasn't instead involved with ALF, Human Farming, or Greenpeace, or any number of other crazy organizations? They are one of us.
People who make comments like that are too stupid to see the forest for the trees. Really. Think next time. A kid, or a female, or a person of modest means, or just someone who needs a functional gun, doesn't need a Purdey to learn how to shoot, and shooting within the bounds of ethics and game laws does not require shooting some gun that someone else approves of. When Obama and Biden come to your neighborhood to take the Mossbergs, are you going to say nothing because you have a double, and you don't care about POS pumps? If so, you may want to re-think that.
I'd rather hear about how many youngsters you will be helping to learn the ropes than where you intend to hunt, or what gun you might be shooting, MarketHunter. If you ever get into getting kids started in the field, those Mossbergs are perfect for teaching. They are repeater 101. For some people, they are perfect for eveything.
Yes, this is a double forum, but, that doesn't give you a right to dismis out-of-hand the Mossberg 500 that is the pride and joy of a young hunter who may be reading the forum for entertainment. Maybe it was all the gun his single parent could swing. I know a few folks like that.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox...you have a running mate.

I bet you guys watch Loony Tunes ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like when Foxie edited his last post, he deleted his promise that he was "outta here."

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dont read the posts from "Runs At The Mouth", he is on my ignore list...BUT I can deduce that he is off his meds again......Mental Health Clinics are short of funds these days, I guess...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox,

I said "Nash's old stomping grounds" not to shoot with Nash himself needless to say.

Teddy,

If you happen to run into me at a shooting match or gun show, feel free to come along and try to give me that "mouthful of busted teeth" you threaten. I think you'd sooner try to jerk off a wildcat with a handful of cockle burrs but feel free to give it a go if you're feeling froggy. Soon as I get home I'll post a picture so you'll know exactly who you're looking for.

If you knew anything about me you'd realize I'm far from an elitist. I started my hunting with an H&R single shot because that's what my Dad could afford. I still remember the day he gave me my first double. A well used Lefever Nitro 16 gauge, felt like I had a real gun then. Dad and Grandpa always used Stevens doubles to deadly effect and I felt like they were good guns then and still do now. But a plastic and alloy Mossburg is a POS no matter how you slice it.

I'm an Illinois State hunter and firearm safety instructor which means I teach kids every chance I get. I live in Michigan but drive all the way here for the classes when I'm able to get off work. I always take some old guns for the kids to handle during the course.

Oh Christ, why am I bothering to explain myself to some dickweed on the internet. You don't know me and I already think you're an a$$hole so why bother.

DLH

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.