April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (eightbore, Jtplumb, Jimmy W, FlyChamps, skeettx), 1,073 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,136
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen:

Drop the 16 gauge kick. It didn't make it in the past and it won't make it in the future. If you can't do the job well with a 12 or 20 it can't be done. The 16 has NO ADVA

What's wrong with a single selective trigger????

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry - I hit the wrong key.

Gentlemen:

Drop the 16 gauge kick. It didn't make it in the past and it won't make it in the future. If you can't do the job well with a 12 or 20 it can't be done. The 16 has NO ADVA

What's wrong with a single selective trigger???? If you want a vintage gun buy one. I actually have both and I like them both.

As yes, I do own a business. Who says that if I treat and pay my employees fairly, pay all the taxes that are due, make a GOOD product overseas that it priced fairly and competitively, that I should limit my profits? Did you forget what country you live in and why this country is as great as it is? What's wrong with fair competition from anywhere? Where would our automotive industry be if the Japanese would have cleaned our clock on quality and price for a number of years? If the product is crap it won't sell and I will go out of business. If I price it too high nobody will buy it and I will go out of business. If I am making money and I am doing it fairly I must be doing something right. It's the American way!

Is there anybody I haven't pissed off yet?

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

To begin with, Tom, I don't know enough about what you specifically do to comment. In general, my comments are directed at the numerous executives who are lining their own pockets at the expense of their companies future and the future of this country - and by extension, their employees' future. For example, if souricng products overseas allow you to take home $15 million per year instead of the $5 million you would take home if you built it here....then shame on you. A good and responsible American would drive a 2 year old Mercedes if that's what it took to keep our country viable.

You may well be making money - are you doing it because you run a tight ship or because you are able to take advantage of a temporary situation?

As for forgetting what country I live in, here's what I say to anyone who buys foreign goods or sends jobs overseas or sells out to foreign owners: Have you forgotten what country your children and grandchildren will have to live in? Will your chest swell with pride when your grandson comes home from his first day at work and tells you how he was so honored to bring coffee to Mr. Wu?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom C
Gentlemen:

What's wrong with a single selective trigger????

--
Tom, I have one word in reply to your "drop the 16 gauge "kick" statement: No.

Why? Because I LIKE 16ga guns, and hunt with them almost exclusively. That is the whole point of this exercise, right? To get a gun we WANT? I disagree that 16ga. guns have no advantage, otherwise I wouldn't own one. Faster and bigger payloads than a 20, in a lighter and faster handling package than a 12, with better aesthetics to boot. How is that not an advantage? As for the single selective trigger, there's nothing wrong with them, when they work. Again, it's about choice. I think double guns need two triggers. My choice.

The point is, if the gun business is customer/market driven, we should be able to get what we want, not what people (like you) tell us we don't need. And frankly, I'm really tired of it.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've been traveling for a couple of days. Holding out in Rodeo, NM, now.

Re: Mics. When people are calling in on the phone, we are at the mercy of their telephones. Most phone are pretty bad.

As for the rest of it, hey, guys, I'm just bringing the info. I will say that of the people here, I'm the only one who has seen and shot these guns.

I would encourage folks to take a look at them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom, Weren't you stunned (I was) when you were told those guns would need to cost $30,000-40,000 if made in the United States?

Mark

A sailor's creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em."
Sidelock
Sidelock

What the S&W guy (Paul Pluff) SAID was that these guns are trigger-plate action boxlocks, a design seen only on $30-40,000 guns. Sheesh, the art of listening is getting rarer all the time...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Which is still a bunch of crap. One may make:

A. Trigger Plate Action
B. Boxlock

With A., the lockwork is attached to the trigger plate, and comes free with it when the trigger plate is removed.

With B., the triggers may be part of a floor plate, but the locks are mounted inside the frame.

TWO distinct, seperate, designs.

A Remington 1100 is a 'Trigger Plate Action'. It sells for less than $30,000.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wouldn't mind handling and shooting one of these guns.
I just wouldn't buy a SxS with a single trigger.
Wouldn't buy one with that style of makers address or import marking visible on the barrels in that fashion either, a reblacking of the barrels would add too much to the price too, if that were the only consideration

The trigger plate action sounds cool, I just wonder if at the price point they'll be reliable or have a chance of being tunable or will keep proper tuning and timing.

The import marking issue is an easy pre-production fix.
I doubt S&W will address the issue of double triggers. The marketing formula likely shows that the market won't buy at the price point without a certain number of 'features' and the single trigger is likely noted as a positive 'upgrade' type feature.
Good luck convincing them otherwise.

--Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are they talking about this type of trigger plate action where you can have both
a single AND a double trigger action for the same gun?

If not, what is all the hoopla about?

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.