May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (MattH, CJF, playing hooky, jake van dyke, 2 invisible), 701 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,594
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

30-40 grand! I don't buy that crap!
They could have built that plant here and hired numerious "cross the border laborers" to run all the machines.

Sidelock
Sidelock

(I had to listen to it again - I must have missed something) *gag*cough*sputter* "$30,000 to $40,000"

Maybe they should make their pistols in Turkey so they can sell for $5.00

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah I made the mistake of listening now too. I kept waiting for the guy to correct himself. I'm hoping he meant $3,000 to $4,000. At any rate if I understood correctly the new pistols are made in America. And now top quality barrels are cheap to produce because of the new machinery. I wish they guy could have made clear why the same couldn't have happened for the shotguns. Instead we were just told that they didn't take the normal route in taking their production overseas...

I really wish these corporate marketing guys would talk like a real person (but I guess that is not their job.)

By the way, Tom if you are still around, can you get that guy a better microphone (or phone? ) before the next time he is on. It was kind of hard to hear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom, thanks for asking for our opinions.

Economic and sociopolitical discussions aside, and having read all previous posts, guess what I HAVEN'T seen requests for: 20ga. single trigger guns. And what is S&W building? 20ga. single trigger guns. It doesn't make sense, and it frustrates me to no end. Why do they want our opinions if they aren't going to act on them? I have seen lots of requests here for the ultimate game gun: a lightweight (6.25-6.5lb), scaled-frame double trigger 16ga. gun (my preference), some 12ga. waterfowl models, and some clays models. At that $2k price point, a gun buyer is going to be pretty savvy, and he is going to want something value added; choice of gauges (16ga.!!!!!!!), barrel lengths, stocks, etc. Comparing apples to apples, how is this S&W offering much different than the imported Marlin LC Smith 20ga. at around $1,200? Heck, even the Weatherby Athena 20ga. sxs at the $2k price point at least has double triggers, not to mention the RBL for a few hundred more (orders being closed not withstanding).

Another imported single trigger 20ga.isn't going to cut it. We want what WE want, not what you tell us we can have. Whomever S&W is listening to, it sure doesn't appear to be us.

Oh, and make the barrel markings less obvious. That reminds me of the ill-fated Stevens 411. Butt ugly!

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: erik meade
I kept waiting for the guy to correct himself. I'm hoping he meant $3,000 to $4,000.

If he didn't, S&W is obviously going for the moron market.

Mark

A sailor's creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em."
Sidelock
Sidelock

marklart, I agree nothing on this gun makes it more appealing than what is allready on the market. I would be more interested in more HAND engraving on the gun. DeHaan can do it for $2k, why can't Smith? Something in a scroll, or rose and scroll would be nice.-IM

Sidelock
Sidelock

On second thought, they could engrave these guns like Parkers. With birds that look like flying turnips and rabbits with wings, and maybe an elk on the bottom of the receiver. It shouldn't cost too much more. Just have to give the kindergarten kids an extra lolipop for their trouble.-IM

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good one IM!!! LOL

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Smith & Wesson has went out on a limb that won't hold them up.
Even a moron won't pay that for a Turkish made gun.
L.F.

Sidelock
Sidelock

IM..........thats funny! However give me the elk any day, compared to the same old rose and scroll rose and scroll. Every brit gun you see same old rose and scroll. One looks like the same. But I confess I havn't seen every brit gun either! If they are held in such high standards, looks like a few would those old guys would get a little creative! But don't get me wrong I like'm too. Just don't understand the bashing of an American classic. If you don't like the flying rabbits and turnips go buy you a A1 special or something!
Cheers,

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.