May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Chad Linder, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 279 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,552
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK. Here's the story as it appeared in a court case. A man has a small child. His next door neighbors have a dog the continues to go over in the man's yard and creates trouble. He tells them about their dog. They ignore him. They get two more dogs. One of them is an agressive Rotweiller that continues to go over in the man's yard and gets aggressive with him and his small son. He calls the dog warden. The warden knocks on their door, but even though they are home, they refuse to answer the door. The warden leaves a note in the door about the complaint, and they refuse to get back to the warden with a phone call. The man also informs the people that if their dogs continue to come into his yard and continues to be aggressive with him and his son, that he is going to shoot them. A few days later, one of the dogs, which is not aggressive, goes into his yard with a piece of garbage and lays down to eat it. He thinks it is the Rotweiller, so he goes out in his yard and shoots the dog with a 20 gauge shotgun with #3 shot and kills the dog. They sue him in court, where he admits to shooting the dog and after hearing the story, the judge throws the case out of court because they were negligent. What do you think? Would you have shot the dog?

Sidelock
Sidelock

nope....id of shot the owner...

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quite
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

gunut, you beat me to it by 13 minutes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where did he get the #3 shot? I'd like to have a bag. Where I live, there is not only no #3 shot, getting an animal warden to interview a person who calls in a complaint is like pulling teeth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All the above.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

The system

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would have gladly shot the dog and the owners. But then, I could do the same with much less provocation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

First I think the owner should have been taken to the vet and fixed so they could not pass on their defective genes to any other children. Than if their behavior does not improve shoot them.

On a serious note if that dog had been growling at my kid he would have been in the same place the vet sent his nuts. A dog who bites me or one of my kids can count on one paw how long it will take me to retrieve a firearm to end his life. The second barrel will be reserved for the owner if he wishes to stay in company of his pet that he never bothered to train in the first place. Bad behavior shall not be tolerated in dogs or men.

M&M Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm just glad the judge had some common sense and chose to use it.

Oh, the aggressive dog would have been shot when he growled at my kid in my yard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.