April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
13 members (David Williamson, Birdog, dearmer, graybeardtmm3, 3 invisible), 257 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,036
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amigo Will --- please forward me the address of these sites. Thanks. Ken (kenhurst@suddenlink.net)

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Questions, I just bought a Remington 17 with rib barrel and PolyChoke. With all the Poly's and Cutts around, did the factory do any installation or did they all send there barrels out for install? I remember as a kid, late 50's, that I sent to the Poly company for their catalog and received thru the mail a box for sending in my barrel. Also, the end of this Poly has an extension that appears to be ventalated much like the front end of the Cutts. What's the function? My brother has a Poly on a Mdl 12/16ga. and his does not have that. Is it an early attempt at recoil reduction? BTW, has anyone done a history or write up on the PolyChoke and Cutts? And how effective is the Poly on choke function. Thanks for your reply. Randy

RMC
RMC #108149 08/20/08 11:01 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

many factories installed their own. poly-choke authorized factories and gunsmiths and assigned a code number to them. this is mentioned in Shirley's book on Auto-5's and the code numbers for the FN installed and the ones installed by Browning here are noted.

i asked the current company about a list of codes as i've had a model 12 with a polychoke with a number stamped on it and i was curious if it were factory but whatever records of what numbers were assigned to whom did not get transferred and they've no idea who was "authorized".

roger

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.