May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (12boreman, FlyChamps, Marks_21, MattH, R Reynolds, battle), 469 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,548
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell, I read your stupid post and sort of chuckled at first. But then the more posts I read, the more I felt like making a comment here. I ride a Harley, and I also have quite a few shotguns that I enjoy using to hunt pheasant and quail. I am also a large man, but not fat. I also enjoy riding my Harley out in the pastoral country setting, or whatever other pseudo-aristocratic wannabe jargon you used. And you know what - it is perfectly legal for me to do that. You might want to consider a comparison of the tax returns of some of the Harley riders you see with those of the landed gentry of your ilk. You might be surprised Lowell Old Boy. And for some of the others whose comments I could not ignore, I know it may come as a shock to you all, but there are many brands of motorcycle other than Harley (OTH for the non-initiated)on the road today and yes, those riders also wear leather. Have Harley riders' right to ride been threatened? Most would say no - as long as they ride ONLY where they should and are quiet about it. But, rather than sit around and verbally abuse others with their stated opinions as to their choices, the motorcyclists of the United States have united and made their collective voice heard. Motorcyclists (I know that you would like for me to say bikers wouldn't you Lowell) have proven their staying power and made it known to the world that their favorite pastime is a legitimate sport and is here to stay. On the other hand, gun owners have divided into the "upper crust" pseudo-aristocrats like yourself Lowell who sit and snipe at the auto loading shotgun shooters or the - God forbid that I utter the words - "black gun / full auto" crowd while oiling and caressing their beloved doubles (and I have a lot of them and love them too) while simultaneously losing their / OUR rights to shoot or to even own them. Who knows Lowell, the steel from your guns may ultimately be melted down and go into the frame of a Harley. I bet you might want to buy one then!!! So why don't you just retire into the innermost room of Glenthorn Manor (wait, mobile homes do HAVE the interior divided into rooms don't they) and wax your Beesley or whatever else you might claim to own so as to be away from the dreaded sound of someone on a Harley enjoying their sport - as yours slowly fades away. Wow!! To think that when I started this post it was my intent to call you an opinionated jackass!!! Such restraint - I amaze even myself!!! I suppose though that this thread started by you does have a place on this board since one of the readers/posters did admit to slinging his "sawed off" across the handlebars. Whoever that was, can you tell me what kind of gun clamps you use - I also have a sawed off that I just can't figure out how to carry on my Harley!!!!

Last edited by Perry M. Kissam; 08/18/08 02:32 PM.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

See what you did Lowell..you done pissed off the yuppie bikers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

First time I have been called that HJ!!! Pissed off? Not really. I view Lowell more as an irritant - like gnats - than anyone to really get upset about. But, of course, I guess that makes me opinionated also!!!! I just couldn't resist to poke at him a bit.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know Dave Weber rides bikes or at least used to. Mike Orlen is a Triumph man

Last edited by Amigo Will; 08/18/08 03:30 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to ride too....the yuppie bikers ran me off.

First time a saw a girl driving a hawg I knew it was doomed.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Large groups of motorcyclist disturb the natural flow of things, and assault the senses - much like the SKS armed weekend warriors do.
Most travlers of country roads try to fit into the surroundings, perhaps take a little of it in on the way and not overwhelm it with constant racking-off of pipes at every intersection - quiet zones or not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lowell, as much as I hate to admit this - I do have to agree with you to a degree. Some motorcyclists / bikers, whichever term is preferred, do find it thrilling to see just how loud their pipes can be and how much noise they can make. I am personally not one of them, but I do understand the thrill it has for them as well as the disgust that some people find in it. As in any field of endeavor or sport or what have you, there are some who play by the "rules" and others who bend them or just flatly break them. That will not change, but for that reason some municipalities like Denver are enacting "noise limit laws" and are targeting just that type of motorcycle rider (hopefully only that type). I live in a very quiet neighborhood and strictly observe noise limits to the best of my ability. I don't idle my Harley on my driveway when I depart for work at 6 AM, nor do I "gun it" upon departure, but there are some who do and make us all look bad. I just had to comment on your original post and will on most occasions when I see "Harley or Hog riders" lumped all into the same category. As to the large groups of motorcyclists assaulting the senses, I feel the same about a large gathering of non-shotgun carrying bird watchers. But, there go those opinions again!!! Have a good day Lowell, and I do mean that!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You do the same sir!

Sidelock
Sidelock

What Perry said ---- (bet that at some time in our younger days we all raised hell with glass packs, open headers, drag pipes etc.)
And no JOe, I aint no yuppie --- not on a diesel mechanic's pay.
Have a good one;
Bill

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'd say that most have seen their younger days - or life has been very hard.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.