April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (JBG, 3 invisible), 993 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,106
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
I hope this is a bitter pill for Jim Legg - bad press is bad press.
He should know, cash is king and Uggie's ain't!
........Cash is King and Uggies ain't??????? What the heck does that mean???.........Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

This post is almost as good as the one that went, "Taking It Like A Man" because I've got a small bore. Don't you think?...........Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

Something my uncle used to tell me: "The more someone yells and the nastier they get, the more likely they are absolutely wrong." Mr. 22eley sure wrote some nasty stuff on his first post.

On the other hand, selling stuff over the internet takes a lot of trust and faith on both sides. The seller's caveats on some GunBroker items read like a mortgage contract. But being explicit in the transaction drives out ambiguity, which is always a good thing in business. As nice as it would be to do business with "gentleman's agreements", at some point one side or the other will dispute what exactly that agreement means and who is or is not a gentleman.

So, I'm somewhat sympathetic to both sides. BUT, Mr.22ely sounds like the folks that used to take huge advantage of LL Bean's return policy. Buy a set of beautiful hiking boots, go on a sheep hunt in Alaska, and then turn them in for a refund (as told to me at the Freeport store by a manager).

Dave
Sidelock
Sidelock

Something my uncle used to tell me: "The more someone yells and the nastier they get, the more likely they are absolutely wrong." Mr. 22eley sure wrote some nasty stuff on his first post.

On the other hand, selling stuff over the internet takes a lot of trust and faith on both sides. The seller's caveats on some GunBroker items read like a mortgage contract. But being explicit in the transaction drives out ambiguity, which is always a good thing in business. As nice as it would be to do business with "gentleman's agreements", at some point one side or the other will dispute what exactly that agreement means and who is or is not a gentleman.

So, I'm somewhat sympathetic to both sides. BUT, Mr.22ely sounds like the folks that used to take huge advantage of LL Bean's return policy. Buy a set of beautiful hiking boots, go on a sheep hunt in Alaska, and then turn them in for a refund (as told to me at the Freeport store by a manager).

Dave
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry,

Don't know why that posted twice...

Dave
Sidelock
Sidelock

Useless bore Spanish doubles are notoriously hard to move.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why can't dude return gun with 26" barrels. For example, BSS with 26" tubes and Ugartechea 25 or 26-incher con Churchill rib have just one thing in common the barrels are SxS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Baron23
He should be able to return it, undamaged and unused, for any damn reason he wants. Otherwise it needs to be a 3 day inspection for dings in the wood, or a 3 day inspection for bluing, or a three day inspection for head space.

But what he got was a three day inspection, period, the purpose of which is to allow buyer to decide upon first hand inspection, whether he wants the gun...no matter if his reason is sound or trivial. If trivial, don't do business with him again (personally I agree with those who think the original poster's rant was ungentlemanly and coarse and that his reason should for return should have been obvious before shipping...but that does not change the issue).

I state again, I would not but a gun from a seller who offers an unmitigated three day inspection period and then objects to return on grounds not previously specified.

This ain't that hard and it doesn't matter how silly, trivial, or childish you think of the OP . Unused, undamaged in any way, buyer pays shipping/insur both ways...its a done deal...it should be able to go back for any reason.

Cheers

Ditto...I could not have said it better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I feel this is the whole problem with the right to return on 3 day inspection. I always took it to mean you could return it, if it was not as described. It was as described. I never accepted the idea, that someone had the chance to decide that they really didn't want to buy it after all or wished they had bought another gun. To me, this whole idea of returning it on the basis of "changed mind", is not fair to the whole system. The seller wasted effort in marketing the gun, other buyers lost their chance to buy it, the buyer got exactly what he bargained for. What is the problem? In my opinion, if you don't want to spend the money for a gun you bid on, you shouldn't be in the bidding. Maybe the terminolgy of 3 day inspection needs to be changed. My perception always meant to accept the condition as represented, not as a change of desire to own.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Useless bore Spanish doubles are notoriously hard to move.

Sorry dude I gotta throw the BS flag on that one!

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.