April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jem Finch, Lloyd3, ChiefC, David Williamson, 2 invisible), 843 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,826
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Believe you me, if I ever list another gun for sale here, MY terms will leave no wiggle room for "hopeful" interpretation to wit:

FS: 10-owner klunquer, spent more time on show tables than it did in the field, about yea long and yea heavy, stock cranked down to a faretheewell (Gramps knew how to make a long face!), shiny where it ain't pitted, blued where it ain't worn off, smooth where it ain't dented, fully functional as a door prop, not real pretty but it is old, may be one of the thousands of I believe there were only two ever made, eminently eligible for de-encrustation. Always kept safed in a burlap bag between the joists. Additional aerial photographs available. What you see is what you get except for the house slippers. All offers local or extra-planetary, before, during or after this multi-listed auction considered so winning bidder(s) need not entertain unrealistic expectations. 3-day inspection and right of return beginning I'll tell you when later, (some) money back no questions asked; restocking fee 25% of sale price or 50% whichever is higher and dependent on how much ruckus you want to make. Address: Wabbit, The Burrow (next door to The Veggies).

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

My decision to return (as a buyer) or accept a return (as a seller) always revolves around "what goes around comes around". I sold an A. H. Fox which I had owned and shot for several years. The buyer emailed me about a week after receiving it (WITH PHOTOS) telling me the left barrel let go right in front of the chamber! He stated he was using new AA traploads and included a photo of the shell both in and out of the split barrel. He sent the gun and the remainder of the unfired shells to be analyzed. Apparently the barrel had an internal flaw when manufactured - not my fault or his. I offered to refund his money, even though I felt I had no personal liability. When the folks who did the analysis shipped the gun back to him, the stock and receiver were severely damaged. Long story short, he collected more than he paid for the gun from the carrier, it cost me nothing and we were both happy. It could have gone in an ugly direction.

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn't be suprised to find out that the guy is one of the Jim haters from this forum just looking for a way to rag on Jim. My problem is some of the folks doing to ragging have screwed over other members here like the case of a member sayin that would be great if you could send me one of those and the other member does for free and never even get a thank you. You can't buy a shotgun and then say I hate shotguns I want my money back as I only like pistols. Jim you didn't send the gun to tennessee did you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nick, i knew it was tongue in cheek. i was just razzing you.

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

As some of your may know, I have been in the gun business on my own for 30 years.

I give 3 day inspection. Period! I don't care if the guy sees pictures of the wood and then buys the gun and says that the wood was not that nice or what. I take it back. If I said it had 26" barrels and he purchased it and said it did not work out for him, I would take it back. If in the description it said it had 26" barrels and he was surprised it had 26" barrels when he got it I would take it back, but since it was his mistake, misunderstanding, I expect him to pay the postage both ways.

I think what I have said above is fair.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amigo Will, I fear everyone may have thought of that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

mmmmmmmmmm that is why I buy guns from John Boyd.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lapin, your last post is by far the best on this thread!

JC

P.S.: "I am going to inspect if I like it"; don't think so.

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know either party, and so am not judging the intentions, honesty, etc., of each. And, usually, such disagreements are due to honest miscommunication by both parties rather any bad intentions, but . . .

Verbal contracts may suffice for face-to-face transactions, but have no place in online transactions. And, specifying an inspection period in writing, and then limiting it in a non-written way (i.e. verbally, etc.) is misleading to the Buyer.

Another perspective is that the Seller is free to write the conditions of sale any way he wants. Therefor, it is the Seller's responsibility if terms are omitted from the writing, and the Buyer is not liable for the Seller's omission.

JMHO, etc.

--shinbone

Sidelock
Sidelock

John, yes that sounds perfectly fair. if the buyer simply doesn't like it, shipping both ways is his responsibility. if there's something i missed and it wasn't described accurately then it's mine. that's why to this day i can't stand jaqua's and won't have anything to do with them. $65 total shipping to look at a salt wood browning described as problem free showed up with visible rust (and lots of hidden rust) and then i got yelled at by some old coot for wanting to send it back.

roger

Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.