May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, Canvasback13, Researcher, Der Ami, Stanton Hillis, obsessed-with-doubles), 231 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,891
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan you are right of course, if you're a dove nut, and I am, the only limit is what you can afford as a shell bill. Have you noticed that you can not miss a dove at home after one of these trips?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

For you Alabama shooters. All the proceeds from Log a Load goes to the Children's Hospital in Birmingham. I have helped with a clays shoot at Westervelt for years. This is the first time for a dove shoot but it should be a good shoot and will certainly benifit a great cause.

http://www.alaforestry.org/ftp/LALWalkerCountyDoveShoot.pdf
http://www.alaforestry.org/ftp/LALWalkerDoveShootRegistrationForm.pdf
Good luck!

Last edited by Tyler; 08/01/08 02:21 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Good for you, Tyler. Great cause! I wish you well and hope lots of money is raised to go to the hospital.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
chux Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Tyler, thats great, I raised 5400 for the Childrens Miracle Network earlier this year, its a great cause, especially when you have visited one of the hospitals. How far is Parrish from Huntsville? Directions? and how big and what kind of field is it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are phone numbers on the links. I have never been there but know there have been a lot of good shoots in Walker Co. I will not be there, too far from here. Just passing along the info.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm kinda sitting on the fence on my excitement about the dove season. Here in SoCal/SoWest, the areas where there are good numbers are generally somewhere between 115-120F on Sept 1. I'm just not all that enthusiastic to get out in that kind of heat with or without my dog even though I'm getting kinda antsie about getting out shooting/hunting. Anyone else?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
I'm kinda sitting on the fence on my excitement about the dove season. Here in SoCal/SoWest, the areas where there are good numbers are generally somewhere between 115-120F on Sept 1. I'm just not all that enthusiastic to get out in that kind of heat with or without my dog even though I'm getting kinda antsie about getting out shooting/hunting. Anyone else?

Chuck at your age I think being cautious about being out in the heat is smart.

My biggest worry is rattelsnakes and I worry both for me and my dogs. I wear leggings and my dogs have been vaccinated and snake trained. The highs around here in early September are ususally around 90F so as long as I have water I feel my dogs won't overheat. And certainly a young man like me doesn't worry about heat.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brad,
Just for that, I'm going to get Angie out of the safe and rub her butt...again.

Here's another pic of Angie, in case you forgot what she looks like.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will never forget opening day of 2000 in Ms. It was 109 degrees with a hot breeeze blowing. Never have I been so uncomfortable in search of fun. My journal entry for that day said that I was glad I had not brought a guest. If it stays this dry in W Ala and E Ms, I know where there is a waterhole that may pan out after they finish cutting that $6 corn. I need to check on its current ownership. I have made it a point to stay on good terms with the last two generations of owners (since 1999) but I understand my last contact "passed" over the winter. Need to load some 28's and get in some practice. Looks like the curse of football may take up my time and my partners (my son) this year. I am not sure my ego could survive much more abuse. He was starting to wax me regular last fall @ 14. Enough of my rambling. Sept 1 in Ms and I have not checked North Ala.

chux Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

sept. 6th in n.alabama..and oh yeah..it will be a hot one..but we have coolers full of water, frog togg neck wraps, and shade stands. And of course cigars, grill for burgers, we make a day out of shooting for a couple of hours. Lets not forget the ice cold beer after the shooting is done.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.