Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chris Baumohl
Geo., you forgot one of the fun things to add to the list of activities!!

Chris, I neglected to mention a couple of "fun things to do", but this is a Family Site. Nice Dorado...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chris,

I wonder why PhotoBucket would delete your picture? I post hunting photos from there all the time.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

D,

Dunno, went back and relinked it and it seems to be working now.

I am not wearing my "IT" shirt today I guess!!!

Let's see your pics!!!!

Geo..... I have no idea what you are talking about...

Chris

Last edited by Chris Baumohl; 07/31/08 09:38 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chris, Did you catch the "carp" on a cane pole? We only are 37 days away from Blast off here in Ga.!

I am still wanting to go to South America if any of you have an open slot on a trip for 09.

CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good thing to see you fellows are spending your hard earned money in Argentina!,...gives a good boost to the ever constant slumping economy,...my friends an relatives thank you!

PS:...make sure you tip heavy

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

CJ you have family in Argentina?

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes!...just about all of it, was born and raised in Baires( that's our slang for Bs As)... we were the only bunch that came here 35 years ago,..seems like yesterday

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have you sent them a copy of the picture of me that you won?

I will be down there next year with my son.

I expected to see some high quality leather goods when I was down there last but didn't. We shopped very little. Where would one look in Cordoba for a deal on a high quality handmade gun case or shell bag?

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Never did get my prize,...I thought you were yanking my chain

I could be wrong but I don't think you'll find much of that stuff in Cordoba,...the only place you might find that is downtown Baires,...avenida Corrientes or Florida, in the heart of the city,..and it won't be cheap if you do find it, and it most likely come from Spain

CJ

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=Geo. Newbern] The dove only trips are TOO much dove shooting and the shells at $12 a box add an unexpected and substantial expense.

Each to his own, George. I don't have it out of my system after four days. The shell cost is substantial, but not unexpected. I knew/know up front what the trip is going to cost, determine approximately how much extra I will be willing to spend for "extra" shells above the 2500 Luis allows with the trip, and have no regrets about doing so. Only reason I come home after ONLY four days of it is (1) shortage of liquid assets (2) miss my family (3)dying to get back and pick peanuts.

I guess I've just got this sickness when it comes to doves. I returned home from Cordoba in '04 on a Thursday after shooting 4400 shells and couldn't wait for the season to open here two days later so that I would have the chance to take a measly 12 bird limit. I've got it bad, caught it in '59 at age 8. I just think it is some of the finest shotgunning sport that can be had.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.