April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (78CJ, earlyriser, ClapperZapper, Fudd, bushveld, 1 invisible), 456 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,208
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was. That is me and my son North of Cordoba in July of 2006. I shot all those birds and the bird boy arranged them. When my buddies saw the setup they all ran over and had their pictures taken with MY birds.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/28/08 09:28 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dogon
Weeds in the driveway, yard unkept, etc.

When we drove out of his place it was real quiet in the truck for a mile or two. But then we started talking about how we need to do something special for him while he is still able to know how much he has meant to us over the years. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what that might be!

Here is what your y'all can do. Go out there with lawn mowers, weedeaters, whatever it takes to do repairs, and clean the place up for him. Kept it that way until he has to move in the fall.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Looks like Georgia will have a 70 day season, divided into 3 parts extending into January. Opener will miss the Sept.1st labor day holiday since its a monday and be on Sept 6th, a saturday. The limit is expected to be up from 12 birds to 15, and they are considering upping the wood duck limit to 3. (I'll believe that when I see it since the woody limit here has been 2 all my life)...Geo

That's the best news I've heard lately, George, about the increased limits. Are you certain this is correct? I have not seen the new regs, yet.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, Mike! South America, where life is cheap...Geo

The little square tails on the birds gave it away.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 07/28/08 10:23 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know about life but it took a chunk of my money to hunt there.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
That's the best news I've heard lately, George, about the increased limits. Are you certain this is correct? I have not seen the new regs, yet.

Stan, thats what I got off the Georgia DNR website, so I think it must be so. The wood duck limit is still subject to Fed. approval though...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I don't know about life but it took a chunk of my money to hunt there.

I started hunting Argentina in 1989 when the whitewing shooting in Mex. got to be a hassle. The Cordoba region is great. I quit going in 2000 and changed over to Uruguay where they weren't rioting at banks. Same shooting or better there....Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

George I would like to find someplace closer to home. The trip down there is at best unpleasant. I have heard of shoots in Central America but I don't know anybody that has hunted there.

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, the whitewing and mourning dove shooting in Central America is no where near in the class with eared dove shooting in SA. I understand Bolivia is good and is a lot closer than the miserable all night flight out of Miami to BA. Some of the guys (the Von Sneiderns) who used to run the Columbia shoots are now operating out of Bolivia. Check Trek Safaris (google it). Of course, a first class ticket makes it all better, but I'm way too cheap (poor) for that...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes. From Amarillo we actually fly to Dallas, then to Santiago Chile, and then Cordoba. I am too poor for first class. Last time the plane wasn't full and I was able to stretch out across several seats and sleep. The flight back was full and I did the sardine bit.

Thanks for info on Central America.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.