May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, GMCS, 2 invisible), 674 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,601
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow! This is getting deep.......Way over my head, I thought we were talking about rattlesnakes, now we are off onto saving the world.What we we need is runs at the mouth to jump in with some gibberish about when he met the Dali Lama riding his harley on the way to law school.......stopping by a gun shop on the way to his engineering job, down the street from Bill Clinton.....AND don't forget to send jOe the parker...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Baby Texas rattler sent by a reader

Last edited by revdocdrew; 07/15/08 10:20 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I can honestly say I've never had an experience with a rattle snake; but those danged yellow jackets surely tore me up again over the weekend! It seems that every summer I get into one or two nests of those varmits just working in my yard. And dogs and yellow jackets don't mix well either; twice my labs have stumbled across a nest of yellow jackets, then run between my legs for help. On both occasions the dog and yours truly were stung unmercifully; you talk about 24 hours of misery!
And sometimes cattle and dogs don't mix well either. Several years ago I was checking the dove field on my brother's farm. My brother had a heard of 60 cows; many of which had young calves and had suffered harrassment by coyotes. The lead cow apparently mistook my Lab for a coyote and lead a stampede with full intentions of stomping my her butt into the dust; at which time she promptly sought refuge between my legs. I couldn't run so all I could think to do was punch the lead cow on her snout with all my might. This stopped her charge cold; but one of the other cows hit me hit a good lick and spun me around. My 3 year old nephew, who was with me at the time, had also run to me seeking safety so I was holding him in my other arm; but the blow from the cow caused me to loose my balance. Knowing I was about to be seriously trampled, I managed to get his body under me as I fell, hoping he would be protected; then we disappeared in a thick cloud of red dust. The good Lord just wasn't ready for me, for when the dust settled, other than a badly bruised elbow and wrist, I was fine (according to the x-rays); and my nephew, other than being terrified, was unscathed. Yes, being a dog owner can be a little hazardous at times; but I've never enjoyed my hunting experiences more than when I was with a good dog!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not quite as impressive (the snake, not the hippie )

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew.........you made me laugh! It's midnight here now i'm going to bed, enough about rattlers!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew.....That hippie with the snake; is that per chance a picture of you from just a few years ago?

Sidelock
Sidelock

While serving my two week naval reserve duty in Charlestown SC, when the Navy base still existed, I asked some locals why they would put one slug and on buck shot in their double barreled shotguns or why they would put two slugs in the magazine and a buck shot in the chamber of their pumps to hunt deer, they would always say "It's the snakes man, the snakes". Now I know what they were talking about!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh my goodness no Tom. That's the rare Hirsute Armaioli Britanicus Trevallicus (the hippie, not the snake )

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, I had to go back and look at the picture again after you put the title on it. And yes it does look like his self back then. Another title to add to his growing list.
Also that is an very impressive rattler even for Texas.

Last edited by JDW; 07/16/08 09:56 AM.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

A quick'Addendum' to the Idiot holding a "Live" Rattler, S of Tucson, AZ.April 1977.Girl Friend and Self were driving back to "Nap'Town with car load of'Top-Draw' Guns. Way out in the 'Boonies' ran the Volvo over the Rattler, dt had to get the required'Snap-Shot' for the "Lads' back at'Slave HQ,' aka Purdeys,(London)so, "Numknuts" picks up'Dead Rattles' for foto,ah yes the Slightly Squashed Serpent then became like Lash LaRue's Bull-Whip! dt, being a"Quick-Thinker"(6yr Apprenticeship at The Hallowed Hall helped out there!)tried the Snap the towel in the bath-house routine"....bull-shoot Bruce! It did'nt work!!But the Bottle of'Tequila'(Small Shots in Large Quantities did!)I would like to try to cover a Recoil Pad with Rattler! Anyone here tried it???? cc(Green-Horn in the Desert}

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.