April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Fudd, campero, earlyriser, buckstix, AGS, 1 invisible), 972 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,178
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

The current trigger system which is a modified Miller. My understanding is that Howard Miller felt that he did not receive enough recognition for his efforts. Also, the K guns look to be very complicated,but,after twelve or so years of taking them apart and putting them back together, I find that a complete disassembly,clean,and reassemble takes three hours.I have found that the K trigger is very reliable and the 30 or so K guns that I mantain usually go for 30,000 or more shots with no trouble.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quite a number of years ago, I owned a Model 32 Skeet gun. It had been missing the entire forend, wood and iron. A Kreighoff forend iron had been fitted to it, which was an easy job, and it worked and looked fine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

William, Howard Miller told me that he built triggers for the first batch of Krieghoff guns that would be sent back to Germany for final testing because the Remington triggers that were originally fitted to the guns were not working. He did not mention anything about being disturbed that his trigger was used for final design changes. I have no idea how much compensation he received for his services, but Heinz Krieghoff gave Howard a gift that he found entertaining and of which he was quite proud. It was a framed original photograph of Heinrich Krieghoff and Hermann Goering, Commander in Chief of the Luftwaffe. Goering was apparently giving Mr. Krieghoff some congratulations or award for his assistance in the war effort. I wonder what happened to that photograph? I told Howard that I would kill to own it, but he, as I said, was quite proud of it. It probably got thrown out with the trash when Howard passed away.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope I am correct in assuming the man in the picture with Hermann Goering was Heinrich Krieghoff. It may have been Heinz Kriegfoff. I have no idea when each died or when they were in charge of the Krieghoff wartime operation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since this tread showed a lot of interest in 32's and 21's I thought I would report on a bunker shoot my friend had Saturday.

There were 14 shooters and the program was 50 12 ga. and 25 small bore. When the smoke cleared there were three shooters with 47's in the big bore and three shooters in the small bore with 23's.

The three guns in the big bore were a 32TC, A 3200 and a K 80. The shooter with the 32 won the shoot off.In the small bore the guns were two 21's and a BSS. The shooter with the BSS won.

The high overall was a tie at 67 with the owner of the bunker and myself. He was shooting a SO6 Beretta and a 21 and I was shooting a K 80 and a 21.

These guns can still be used with sucess.

AC

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't expect to see another quality gun like the Model 32 from Remington, or even another 3200. Not unless the Turks start making them. "Remington, America's Oldest Importer". Sad, but true. JMO, of course.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

IMHO, The M3200 safety/barrel selector is the best design on any two barrel gun. The act of taking the gun off safe selects either the top or bottom barrel. Way better than a Browning or Beretta selector. I have the original M3200 prototype used for multiple barrel sets. I shot the M/F barrel set in Springer Field Trials for years. The instant barrel selector occasionally came in handy in the trial setting

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, never shot the 32 but am going out for first time. Can someone please explain the 3 position safety and also what the small button in the trigger is (is this a barrel selector button)?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a pic of my double trigger 16ga Petrik

I have it torn down at this moment replacing the firing pin retraction springs.
Glen

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
Sidelock
Sidelock

My guess and pure whimsy, Bill, is that whatever the recognition to Mr. Krieghoff it was probably of the kind we exchange in our fraternity from time to time, as much for what the recipient did for sport as for being a good guy. Goering was one hell of a sportsman and charming guy.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.