April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, R. Glenz, L. Brown, CJ Dawe, 1 invisible), 422 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,232
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

In Missouri, and some other states, it is illegal to use dogs to chase/hunt deer.

Missouri hunters sometimes "arrange drives," but most hunt from deer stands erected in trees. Semi-automatic rifles are legal, but there is a 5 shot magazine capacity limitation.

JERRY

Sidelock
Sidelock

John I understand your viewpoint to a certain extent. However, in all the US States I have lived or hunted in, the game is public property administered by funds raised from hunting licenses fees for the most part. You certainly have a right to regulate who is on your land but you may not regulate the season or bag limits. Nor may you exclude deputies of the Game and Fish department from the land. This is a significant difference from most of Europe,for example, where the land and the game was owned by the King and those rights were passed along to his minions in charge of maintaining the estate. Hunting was not permitted to the common man and pretty much remains that way to this day. Hunting, as envisioned by Theodore Roosevelt when establishing the National Parks, Forests, and game sanctuarys was a democratic pursuit to be enjoyed by all. Futher, nowhere in the deed to your property with it's bundle of ownership rights is there any reference to ownership of the wildlife. This is not by accident. If what you say is true, South Caroline may be an exception which partly explains why they fired the first shots in a very ill advised war they have since tried to spin as the War of Northern aggression.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 02/20/08 07:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

BrentD, the law of the land is quite simple, if you own it, it's yours(how much more American can you get), if you don't...best move on down the road comrade!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 02/20/08 07:39 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think South Carolina is any different from Alabama. If a person is caught hunting on private land and does not have written permission from the landowner he will be arrested and will at the very least pay a fine. A game warden may come on to private property at any time and there is nothing the landowner can do to stop him. He does not need a warrant.

Mitch
Sidelock
Sidelock

For all these years that I have owned my land, I have never seen a game warden. I think this is a non-owners' pipedream?
They've better things to do, like check your little vintage 28g high grade for steel shot on public areas!
Or...check to see if you've picked-up your beer cans in the pinic grounds.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tim Carney
Geno,

Maryland allows deer hunting only with shotguns (usually slugs). Logic is that rifle bullets carry too far and the state is very populous.

Only the eastern part of the state. The furthest west counties allow rifles of all sorts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't wish to rain on your parade, but most American boys I know could not hit a running deer or anything else for that matter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not too many people here in Ohio hunt deer by driving, as I understand, Geno. Most of them use tree stands or just wait for them. I believe you can only hunt with a slug gun as far as rifles go. (Except for musket, cap and ball, muzzle loader, handgun, whatever) No rifles anymore...........And Jim, a rabid skunk looks exactly like an Irish Setter in my book. If there is any question? I run them both over with my car. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know about that Paul - deep in the Ozark Mountains there are those who wait for the the revolution to come - they have the skill and the firepower to bring down anything running.
They'd lick their chops over today's sissy European in hiking shorts.

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 02/21/08 08:34 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You think? I used to know ole' guy from Poutney Vt who would bag his rabbits with SxS "mounted" from his hip. In fact, he almost never missed one!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.