April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (fab500), 380 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,167
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

The original thread started out with me trying to find out about the sliding double with "abeille" stamped on it. Find out...i.e., Who may have made it? Where was it made? When might it have been made? Anyone ever seen or heard of such a gun? Anyone have any details on such a gun, such as which companies made such actions? I was only hoping to learn a little more about it, and to determine whether or not pursuing the restocking of said gun would be an option many would favor or would not favor. No offense to the masses, and while I don't know him personally, Robert has been a great help. There are others who have added important info. as well, and I appreciate it. However,several of you, in an attempt to criticize Robert, have contributed nothing whatsoever to this conversation, except to get Robert pissed off and off track trying to defend himself...something he really shouldn't have to do. Defend himself to you? I'm the one asking the questions here. If you have a question for Robert or anyone else, start you own damn subject. Those of yOu who have nothing to add but smart, cute little one liners in an effort to look cool among you gun-nerd buddies, find something a little more useful to do with your time, or start you own subject. Thanks again to those who chose to keep the conversation informative and positive.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Francique Darne is not a sub-quality product. It is very well made with different era and different owner more or less lucky in the quality. By and large very good.
But is is not a Darne, it is a copy made by his son who did not want to work with the father... Francisque could use the Darne patent as many other makers did. He have the same name than Regis Darne but that is not enough to make his gun a Darne.
I am sure there is many similar stories.
What ever you think you can say anything in this thread.

g gournet
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

So gg, is there a possibility that this is what I might have, or are there specific markings associated with Francique Darne guns as well?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr Chamber...after reading many of your frenzied posts...I have come to the conclusion that you are a NUTTER.
You may well have a wealth of stuff on old guns, but the way you bicker n bitch just turns me off totally.
I'd much rather listen to good old Lowell pose a funny weird one than hear you rant & rave about pecking orders & who said what to who & when & why.....I just don't think you have the right "headspace"
to fit in with the rest of us.
Think what you like...I'll not respond if you get back to me...its just my opinion & won't be changed by anything you say.
Chill or Check out
nothing personal of course
Franc Otte

Last edited by Franc Otte; 12/17/07 01:59 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have an Abeille for sure but you can dream of what you want. So many makers could have sold the action in the white. Not Darne.
It could be really what you wish. It could be Bonapartiste special order, their logo was the Abeille...maybe for a secret society trying to promote a coup d'etat.
So far I am really in the thread.

g gournet
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geffroy, I mentioned the Sarasqueta name above because it is a similar case.

Don Víctor made fame for himself with good products, but there are several relatives with the same name that made/make sub-par guns. They may have the same name but they are not the real McCoy.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance." Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

So who are yOu voting for Ted or Robert ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do not want to wade into this. This is for beagledogxxx.

A search for L'ABIELLE Fusil turned up this catalog.
http://www.dustyoldbooks.com/cgi-bin/boo...logues&pg=1
Apparently this 1935 catalog says L'Abielle was a gun and ammunition maker. At least that is what I get from the description. They did make hammerless shotguns.... might be worth picking up if you have one of their guns.

Quote:

L'Abielle: - L'Abeille. Manufacture d'armes de chasse. Munitions Exportation.
(Paris, L'Abielle, ND [c1935].)
Paperback, black lettering. 225 x 155mm. pp20. Illustrated. Magnum (mono, type 200, 210, 215, Grand Luxe, Magnum Kerne), Armor, Luxe, accessoires de chasse, fusil hammerless, carabines de chasse et de tir, carabines de tir de precision, pistolet automatiques, fusil Kerne, tir aux pigeons artificiels, lunettes de visee, munitions. £20.00

A reseller for Verney-Carron, L'Abeille in Lamoraye, 33 Avenue de la Libération
http://www.verney-carron.com/pages-fr/liste-revendeurs.htm

A book on Darne no bees, but he does cover some interesting subject matter about non-darne darne's. (Currently only in French, but heck my French is limited and I stumble by.. )
http://cgi.ebay.fr/LES-FUSILS-DE-CHASSE-...VQQcmdZViewItem

A website with some Darne models
http://www.fusildarne.com/html/anglaisdarne.htm
Too bad there is not a website that documents all the models and variations,eg like the Fox, Parker or LC Smith sites. That alone would be a great help. (Hint, Hint)

And to be totally off the wall, L'Abeille is a work by Franz Shubert, a Masonic symbol and a symbol for the house of Medici, who did not commission Leonardo for this gun.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Please,
Before we all leave this thread, I think it's worth noting that JayCee made 12 posts on this thread...he did nothing to further the understanding of this subject (right or wrong) ...he did zero research...he posted zero data.. only a photo of his gun #71511...he waisted everybodies time with his posts which served only to agitate and incite (11 times on this thread alone)...he contributed nothing but to show off his gun and try to suck up to Larry's weak position.

There is no doubt that I'm probably the surliest member still willing to face these guys...Before we all move on, I think it's important that we all get a handle on exactly what caliber person JayCee truly is...don't take my word for it...go back and read his posts ...on this thread alone, he has proven himself to not only NOT contribute, but to consistantly fan the flames.

JayCee has shown his true colors...read it for yourself...

Sidelock
Sidelock

PeteM,
Please forgive me...I tried to honestly answer Beags question, and although I wasn't correct at every post, I based my answers in reason and verifiable source...unfortunately I was forced to defend every word tooth and claw.

Beag,

I got your mailing address and I'll send out the stock early next week...I'm especially sorry for the way these guys treated your thread...they do it to everybody...please don't think that everyone is arguementitive here...it's only a few...and I give it right back to them...I'll save your email address in case I come into any more Abeille info...Bob Chambers

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.