April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (LeFusil), 464 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lighten up!
Come here....I got something for you...
Pull my finger

Sidelock
Sidelock

One of the good things about the Internet and some might say one of the bad things is that people are free to be whomever they choose to be in this village square. I have always thought that when a participant slips on an Internet persona, rather than hide who they are, they give us some real insights into who they really are. In the face to face world they might be reluctant to be outright racist, sexist, narrow-minded, or just nasty. Under cover of cyberspace the inhibition slips away ...... They can speak from the darkness. There was a time when I found it necessary to confront crappy behavior on the Internet the same way I do in the rest of my life ..... I am basically a confrontational kind of guy. But I have found out that it gives me very little satisfaction. I do not believe I can change anyone's behavior at this distance ....... so why waste the time and energy? All this being said, I must admit that I give in to my temperament from time to time and take a swing or two. All this being said, I don't think H'OJ or LG are able to hide much behind the persona they have adopted here ...... and for the most part I think they are harmless.

I have learned a lot here ...... let's talk about SxS shotguns!

Al

Last edited by Bouvier; 09/27/07 09:34 PM.

Originally Posted By: Yeti
Lighten up!
Come here....I got something for you...
Pull my finger

Don't that smell good? Tears in my eyes!

775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeti, Yeti, Yeti.........

Last edited by 775; 09/27/07 10:22 PM.

Ms. Raven
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK...I get it...let's see if I can lighten up...

I didn't know Lowell and homOjoe had made this video...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=0

which one is the blond, Queen Lowell or homOjoe ?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Two Triggers
I like to think that Lowell actually lives in Manhattan and lives on a trust fund that gives him time to be the biggest chain-jerker on the board. But that's just me. TT

Actually Queen Lowell is an objectophile who likes to spend his time typing from his bedroom, in his parents home, and usually in his underwear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY6rPTinLcA

how am I doing?...I feel lighter already

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't posted here for many days; sometimes life just takes over fun. This forum has been a very reliable and healthy source of fun, distraction and a way to meet and exchange ideas with the like-minded and not so like-minded who share in this great pastime. Let's face it that's what a hobby is all about.

At times it appears we focus on our differences more than our similarities. Which fellow among us here would not give the other fellow among us a box of shells, a spare set of eye or ear protection, or even allow a round of trap or skeet with their shotgun if the other fellow was in need? I say down to a man, each of us would step up and give a hand to the other. I know this because I have been around our sort my entire life.

I try to keep that in mind when reading posts I don't agree with or posts where someone steps outside the bounds of what is generally considered decent. Each one of us, is, or has potential to be, another's best friend. In fact, most often it tends to be the people who are most alike that find the most reason to disagree. Try to discuss much less argue caliber, gauge or choke with someone who doesn't know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle.

Now will someone kindly share a photo of a really neat recently purchased SxS shotgun and tell us how it shoots?

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll step up and try to lighten the air. Boss 1871 Jones underlever hammergun. Bought 1 August. It hasn't arrived yet. Non rebounding dolphin hammers, percussion fences, best foliate-scroll engraving, well figured cross-over stock with steel butt plate, 7lbs 5ozs nitro proof made in 1871. My first Boss. The photo is scanned from a printed copy thus the bad quality.

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=519302&c=547&z=1"][/url]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Often times I cannot make heads or tails out of what Lowell is talking about.....sometimes I think that I am just dense when it comes to Lowell's prose.
John

We're only responsible for the effort, not the outcome.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well then, I am dense as well. Many times I have to wait till the thread unravels to sort out the intent. I have no dog in this fight at all. But,"can't we just all get along?"

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.