April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (drcook, Philbert, 1 invisible), 1,022 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,172
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What can you tell me about shooting after surgery for cataracts. How long should one wait before shooting a shotgun?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ask your eye surgeon. A y definitive answer here might lead you down a dark path.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Little Creek
What can you tell me about shooting after surgery for cataracts. How long should one wait before shooting a shotgun?

Ask your doctor. Mine told me a couple of days. I waited a couple of weeks. A friend was told to to wait 2 months. Ask your doc, not the internet..

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good advice...just what I planned to do. However, it's nice to hear other's experience. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some people see better in a few hours. I could not see for 2 days. I don't believe all cataract surgeries are done the same way.

Last edited by BrentD, Prof; 03/24/24 07:55 PM.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

My doc looked at me funny when I said 25 yds after he asked what distance I wanted to see perfectly. I’m sure you guys had similar answers. Yes I waited 2 weeks as advised but ask your doc.

Last edited by Jtplumb; 03/24/24 09:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jtplumb
My doc looked at me funny when I said 25 yds after he asked what distance I wanted to see perfectly. I’m sure you guys had similar answers. Yes I waited 2 weeks as advised but ask your doc.

I told my doc 37 inches. But he talked me out of it, thankfully. smile

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had cataracts for several years now. But thankfully they haven't gotten large enough to need surgery to remove them. I don't think they are affecting my eyesight, although I do use glasses. I have a check up about once a year and they continue to say that everything is all right.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I have had cataracts for several years now. But thankfully they haven't gotten large enough to need surgery to remove them. I don't think they are affecting my eyesight, although I do use glasses. I have a check up about once a year and they continue to say that everything is all right.

mine would not have been a problem but they formed in the dead center of my vision and affected my abilities to see targets through aperture sights. Sort of like death to competitive rifle shooting. I doubt most people would have even noticed them, and they had little or effect on shotgunning that I could tell. At least not in my right eye.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

after I got my 1st eye corrected for cataracts-I was amazed what vision I had lost when going from the corrected eye to the un-corrected eye. After the 2nd eye was done I think I waited two weeks before shooting--and vision/clarity was great. BTW/I went with the standard lenses rather than the 'premium' lenses and have no regrets.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.