May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (PALUNC, 1 invisible), 533 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,429
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
canvasback #644351 03/19/24 07:16 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It may not be a good, inexpensive alternative to lead. It's own claims put it a bit off of bismuth? prof has a point, if it can retain bar form at an apparent red heat, thay are probably looking at the boutique rifle bullet market, rather than many inexpensive inexpensive little spheres?

craigd #644353 03/19/24 07:23 AM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
A step ahead of you, I'll wave to you from over by the thing. You keep the ptail, Clapton wuz mo bettah, 4 the spelling teach.

Sounds good, I'll be in the center of the thing, will you be on the far right in the red cap like usual? wink See you there.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
craigd #644357 03/19/24 07:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It may not be a good, inexpensive alternative to lead. It's own claims put it a bit off of bismuth? prof has a point, if it can retain bar form at an apparent red heat, thay are probably looking at the boutique rifle bullet market, rather than many inexpensive inexpensive little spheres?

First, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. It may not be good. You are right. But it also may be good. You don’t know yet. I don’t know yet. But I’m certainly not going to crap on them or nit pick because they are trying.

Maybe it does work out only to be useful as a rifle bullet. And that would be a bad thing how? My original point stands.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/19/24 07:43 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
BrentD, Prof #644359 03/19/24 07:41 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

In regard to the red hot billets in the factory promo video, my first assumption was it was a billet of some other un kown material just to display the workings of the production facility???.... maybe I didn't watch it long enough but I didn't see any shot or bullet end product

CJ Dawe #644360 03/19/24 07:45 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJ Dawe
In regard to the red hot billets in the factory promo video, my first assumption was it was a billet of some other un kown material just to display the workings of the production facility???.... maybe I didn't watch it long enough but I didn't see any shot or bullet end product

I had the same thought, but why show it in this context? In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing some final product. I wonder if someone in Britain has actually had their hands on this stuff. Maybe Diggory?

I wonder and hope that there are other entrepreneurs out there doing the same.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

canvasback #644364 03/19/24 08:31 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback

First, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. It may not be good. You are right. But it also may be good. You don’t know yet. I don’t know yet. But I’m certainly not going to crap on them or nit pick because they are trying.

Maybe it does work out only to be useful as a rifle bullet. And that would be a bad thing how? My original point stands.
No big deal cback, I never pooed on it. If we already have bismuth, that works in shotgun shells, here's hoping it can be maufactured more uniformly and inexpensively vs sell us on why the premium for maleability? In rifle bullets, I never said it would not be useful, but if it is perfectly what it is, the company laid out a chart of down grades from lead.

It seems more to be an alternative to steel, for the puposes of the nontoxic shot market, than lead, and we don't know if it will be inexpensive.

craigd #644366 03/19/24 09:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback

No big deal cback, I never pooed on it. If we already have bismuth, that works in shotgun shells, here's hoping it can be maufactured more uniformly and inexpensively vs sell us on why the premium for maleability? In rifle bullets, I never said it would not be useful, but if it is perfectly what it is, the company laid out a chart of down grades from lead.

It seems more to be an alternative to steel, for the puposes of the nontoxic shot market, than lead, and we don't know if it will be inexpensive.

My point Steve, isn’t that it’s a perfect substitute for lead. Or even a better bismuth. It’s that someone is spending creative effort and money in the non tox sector. This is a bad thing? Because it’s not perfect? F me! We should be celebrating this and hoping there are 20 more entities working away on the problem.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
canvasback #644371 03/19/24 11:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You made the back of my head itchy, had to check twice, but no ponytail, whew. Don’t mind me, I am cautiously celebrating on the inside.

canvasback #644373 03/19/24 11:43 AM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Were you addressing me James? I'm good with it, the more product development the better. For my purposes, lead is still the best thing going, for others who have different needs, this stuff might be just the ticket.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
SKB #644412 03/19/24 08:34 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Were you addressing me James? I'm good with it….

It was just a typo that I was poking fun at. We’re all good with it, but maybe not enough to invest in the product. Cautious optimism, if they insert themselves into the practical middle of that niche market, they could do far worse than compete on price. Hmmmm, you aren’t skirting CO game laws out on sovereign ground, are you?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.