April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Replacement, Ted Schefelbein, LeFusil, montenegrin), 398 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,147
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
31,000? Yep that's about what I told you, Teddy. About 2% of the millions of scientists,, meteorologists, etc. In the world. Remember I said 98% of the scientists and weather professionals in the world sided with me? Well, there ya go. You've only got 31,000 on your side.. And in the meantime the planet just keeps getting warmer and warmer. And the poles just keep melting. Thanks again for more proof that you're wrong again.😁😁😁......Ol' Lefty

Jimmy.....science isn't about consensus. The whole world thought Copernicus was wrong. To the point of wanting to kill him for heresy. And he's just one example. So "consensus" statistics are meaninglessness.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

CB, I have great respect for your gun posts. But your comment about consensus is just plain silly. You imply that widespread agreement among experts means they're wrong. Copernicus wasn't right because he was alone. He was right because he was an expert. You'd have been among those wanting his head.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
31,000? Yep that's about what I told you, Teddy. About 2% of the millions of scientists,, meteorologists, etc. In the world. Remember I said 98% of the scientists and weather professionals in the world sided with me? Well, there ya go. You've only got 31,000 on your side.. And in the meantime the planet just keeps getting warmer and warmer. And the poles just keep melting. Thanks again for more proof that you're wrong again.😁😁😁......Ol' Lefty

Jimmy.....science isn't about consensus. The whole world thought Copernicus was wrong. To the point of wanting to kill him for heresy. And he's just one example. So "consensus" statistics are meaninglessness.
Uhhhh....... I think you're telling the wrong person that. Go back to who put up the 31,000 chart. Both of our statements seem pretty accurate to me. I said 98% says yes to global warming. He said 2% deny it. It's right there in front of you. And I agree............Ol' Lefty.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/23/24 03:40 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

You know something? If it wasn't for me you people would never learn anything.
PLEEZ PEOPLE!! Get your facts straight before you speak. Otherwise you are just spewing worthless drivel. Today, Al Gore's net worth is 300 million. Not just a measly 100 million. And he was only worth a couple million when he left office. So there you go. Do the math. Okay?........ and I honestly don't know what the club of Rome is. That must have been after my time..... and I don't know anything about any food shortage. All I know is from watching TV is that Americans are complaining. Thousands of people are trying to get into United States every day because they have no food, no drinkable water, they can't grow crops because of the poor soil where they live. Their homes have been washed away by floods and they have no place to live so they are traveling a thousand miles on foot and begging for food because their children are starving. And they tell me it's all because of climate warming........Some of them are even getting plane rides and bus trips to New York City and to the vice president's neighborhood and dumped off. And people are welcoming them with open arms. And people in places like Africa are starving to death because they have no food so they are migrating North into Europe. And this is happening all over the world. So you'll have to ask them about starving. Or better yet, you might want to ask Teddy Twump about all that. He says it is not happening even though I watch it on TV everyday. So, I know nothing about it. I get to feed my face about five times a day, so I'm not aware of any food shortage. You'll have to ask them. 😊 Then explain it to me. Its like the difference between me and Teddy Twump. He is always putting up graphs and charts and pictures that prove what he is saying is wrong. And I sit and laugh because I don't get it.............?And I really don't know what the letters IIPC are, either. Although, I did have some Navy buddies who caught NSU overseas years ago........ And finally, how gullible am I? Well, I don't know. I see pictures of boats and ships sailing all around what used to be the North pole and people telling me it isn't true. I put pictures on here of people driving through streets in cities that are flooded because of rising ocean water and no rain and I literally drive through those flooded streets myself and people on this board tell me I'm not. I hear every month that each month is the hottest month on the planet since we have begun keeping records of the weather 150 years ago. And people like Teddy Twump denying it. So, I don't know. I guess I'm pretty gullible. Maybe that's why somebody gave me the nickname, Ol' Lefty. 😇[/quote]

You know something? If we learned anything from people like you we'd be dumber.

You sit around feeding your face five times a day, watching leftist agenda driven TV, and you think you're the smartest guy in the room. And you're the dumbest, not because you're naturally stupid, but because you choose to be. You watch people lie to you on TV and you turn your brain off and suck it all in. Why? only God knows, and He isn't saying. Mark Twain said it's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled. And he's right, and you're the fool, and your arrogant, mocking, snarky posts attest to it.

1 member likes this: LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
PLEEZ PEOPLE!! Get your facts straight before you speak. Otherwise you are just spewing worthless drivel. Today, Al Gore's net worth is 300 million. Not just a measly 100 million. And he was only worth a couple million when he left office. So there you go. Do the math. Okay?........ and I honestly don't know what the club of Rome is. That must have been after my time..... and I don't know anything about any food shortage. All I know is from watching TV is that Americans are complaining. Thousands of people are trying to get into United States every day because they have no food, no drinkable water, they can't grow crops because of the poor soil where they live. Their homes have been washed away by floods and they have no place to live so they are traveling a thousand miles on foot and begging for food because their children are starving. And they tell me it's all because of climate warming........Some of them are even getting plane rides and bus trips to New York City and to the vice president's neighborhood and dumped off. And people are welcoming them with open arms. And people in places like Africa are starving to death because they have no food so they are migrating North into Europe. And this is happening all over the world. So you'll have to ask them about starving. Or better yet, you might want to ask Teddy Twump about all that. He says it is not happening even though I watch it on TV everyday. So, I know nothing about it. I get to feed my face about five times a day, so I'm not aware of any food shortage. You'll have to ask them. 😊 Then explain it to me. Its like the difference between me and Teddy Twump. He is always putting up graphs and charts and pictures that prove what he is saying is wrong. And I sit and laugh because I don't get it.............?And I really don't know what the letters IIPC are, either. Although, I did have some Navy buddies who caught NSU overseas years ago........ And finally, how gullible am I? Well, I don't know. I see pictures of boats and ships sailing all around what used to be the North pole and people telling me it isn't true. I put pictures on here of people driving through streets in cities that are flooded because of rising ocean water and no rain and I literally drive through those flooded streets myself and people on this board tell me I'm not. I hear every month that each month is the hottest month on the planet since we have begun keeping records of the weather 150 years ago. And people like Teddy Twump denying it. So, I don't know. I guess I'm pretty gullible. Maybe that's why somebody gave me the nickname, Ol' Lefty. 😇

You sit around feeding your face five times a day, watching leftist agenda driven TV, and you think you're the smartest guy in the room. And you're the dumbest, not because you're naturally stupid, but because you choose to be. You watch people lie to you on TV and you turn your brain off and suck it all in. Why? only God knows, and He isn't saying. Mark Twain said it's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled. And he's right, and you're the fool, and your arrogant, mocking, snarky posts attest to it.[/quote]You should have stopped after your first sentence. You're right. You're dumber............Ol' Lefty

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback

While you may fancy yourself as the Copernicus of meteorology and climatology, you certainly do not know anything about how science progresses. You might try reading a few elementary texts on the philosophy of science and the history of science. Thinks like paradigm shifts and theory building. Consensus is a huge part of it. I would be happy to suggest a nice selection of famously known (experts by consensus of the field smile.

What you don't see is any consensus building behind the odd maverick outlier to the huge consensus among climatologists that anthropogenic climactic warming is the real deal - aka an operational dominant paradigm. Only, nut jobs and tribal politicians are bucking that consensus, not the scientists that do the heavy lifting.

But carry on. Nut jobs can be entertaining.

Hint: Kuhn, Lakatos, and Feyerabend will get you started down the road to scientific enlightenment.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

This doofus (Jimmy) and Brent D are two of biggest pairs of clown shoes to EVER grace this board.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fuse, that's all you can do!

Always turn to personal attacks when you cannot defend your position. Does not change reality or the causes and consequences of climate change.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
PLEEZ PEOPLE!! Get your facts straight before you speak. Otherwise you are just spewing worthless drivel. Today, Al Gore's net worth is 300 million. Not just a measly 100 million. And he was only worth a couple million when he left office. So there you go. Do the math. Okay?........ and I honestly don't know what the club of Rome is. That must have been after my time..... and I don't know anything about any food shortage. All I know is from watching TV is that Americans are complaining. Thousands of people are trying to get into United States every day because they have no food, no drinkable water, they can't grow crops because of the poor soil where they live. Their homes have been washed away by floods and they have no place to live so they are traveling a thousand miles on foot and begging for food because their children are starving. And they tell me it's all because of climate warming........Some of them are even getting plane rides and bus trips to New York City and to the vice president's neighborhood and dumped off. And people are welcoming them with open arms. And people in places like Africa are starving to death because they have no food so they are migrating North into Europe. And this is happening all over the world. So you'll have to ask them about starving. Or better yet, you might want to ask Teddy Twump about all that. He says it is not happening even though I watch it on TV everyday. So, I know nothing about it. I get to feed my face about five times a day, so I'm not aware of any food shortage. You'll have to ask them. 😊 Then explain it to me. Its like the difference between me and Teddy Twump. He is always putting up graphs and charts and pictures that prove what he is saying is wrong. And I sit and laugh because I don't get it.............?And I really don't know what the letters IIPC are, either. Although, I did have some Navy buddies who caught NSU overseas years ago........ And finally, how gullible am I? Well, I don't know. I see pictures of boats and ships sailing all around what used to be the North pole and people telling me it isn't true. I put pictures on here of people driving through streets in cities that are flooded because of rising ocean water and no rain and I literally drive through those flooded streets myself and people on this board tell me I'm not. I hear every month that each month is the hottest month on the planet since we have begun keeping records of the weather 150 years ago. And people like Teddy Twump denying it. So, I don't know. I guess I'm pretty gullible. Maybe that's why somebody gave me the nickname, Ol' Lefty. 😇

You sit around feeding your face five times a day, watching leftist agenda driven TV, and you think you're the smartest guy in the room. And you're the dumbest, not because you're naturally stupid, but because you choose to be. You watch people lie to you on TV and you turn your brain off and suck it all in. Why? only God knows, and He isn't saying. Mark Twain said it's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled. And he's right, and you're the fool, and your arrogant, mocking, snarky posts attest to it.[/quote] Hmmmmmmm........Ol Lefty

Last edited by Jimmy W; 03/26/24 12:25 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Fuse, that's all you can do!

Always turn to personal attacks when you cannot defend your position. Does not change reality or the causes and consequences of climate change.

Haha. You’re damn right it’s personal. I don’t like you, never have. You get on people’s nerves. Not because you always think you're the smartest guy in the room, have a serious personality disorder, or have nothing of importance to say…it’s because you can’t read a room and understand that nobody gives a shit what you think. I can’t STAND narcissistic megalomaniacs like you Brent. You never STFU…never can realize or take a hint when nobody likes you and can give two shits what you have to say.
I’m sure you’ll try and respond to this with another stupid “Brent’ism”, because you just can’t help yourself, can you?
You hang around this board like a blue assed fly. Shoo. Go away.

Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.