April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, CJF, PALUNC, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 434 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,210
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

My post above was knee jerk and totally out of line. There was absolutely no reason for me to respond as I did to you, Ghostrider, and I ask for your forgiveness. I humbly apologize. My bad, all the way round. I have no excuse. I should have taken the time to read your well written post much more carefully than I did.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you Stan. All is good. I appreciate your postings here as you contribute a lot to the discussions.

2 members like this: Parabola, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

On the topic of O/U’s firing the top barrel first, I just tested my Edwinson Green ST and discovered that it also fires the top barrel first. I have owned it for years and hadn’t noticed the firing order. It was made as #2 of a pair, presumably for driven shooting. The chokes are mod/mod, so barrel selection is not an issue. Apparently more than one early O/U maker backed up Robertson on firing order preference. I wonder if the early Woodwards also fired this way…

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think most of us who know which end the shot comes out realize that opening an over under just far enough to reload the top barrel results in the gun not cocking the fired barrel. The only way to properly operate an over under is to fully open it after firing one or both barrels. Like Stan, I think "ghostrider" is making up his scenarios in the off season. I have seen shooters who have hunted for years but still haven't learned to catch their empties. Sorry, no apologies coming from me. Stan was a bit quick in apologizing when none were called for.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill thanks for your positive feedback. I am mistaken of course and the ejector does kick. I guess Because I have my hand over the cartridges I hadn't even noticed.my apologize to Stan.
I regret having even posting as it was not my intention to start a PP contest. This can be a tough forum at times.

Just for clarification it’s not our off season. Quail season is open until this Sunday.

URL=https://www.jpgbox.com/page/71807_991x768/][Linked Image from jpgbox.com][/URL]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ghostrider, thanks for the picture. That is a great looking pair of athletic pointers. Congratulations on living in quail country. I used to live in quail country. I never moved, but the quail did.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its not as good as it has been this year, but it’s not about numbers as it once was. It’s more about getting out with the dogs and enjoying the outdoors the older I get. Have a great week. If I can get my 4 wheel drive actuator replaced today, I hope to get out a few more days before the season ends for the year.
Regards
Phil

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.