May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
17 members (eightbore, doublenut, Buzz, 6 invisible), 544 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,445
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to the range this morning. Alone. I didn't feel like going but encouraging weather and encouraging wife changed my mind so I went. I had a new double that I needed to get acquainted with anyway. I gave it a nice workout and it was flawless (wish I could say the same for myself) but I did shoot it well culminating with a scotch double on the last pair. (Are you kidding me!) But when I wasn't busy, my thoughts kept drifting to people I was missing, most of all my shooting partner. During one of those ruminating pauses I found myself staring down at the "new" gun (a 95 year old 16b Star variation NID) and its stars brought my thoughts to The Star. Before I'd left the house the weather gal had reminded us that it was the darkest day of the year. It kind of felt that way as I drove but in gravitating to thoughts about The Star I came to its "tidings of comfort and joy" and the drive back home was far brighter.

I don't know if our Christmas will be merry but it will be bright because of what that star heralded. I wish the same for each of you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Speude Bradeos
7 members like this: Tim Cartmell, doublenut, John Roberts, DoubleTake, Parabola, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

A joyous Christmas season, with safe travels and fine family company to all.

Tomorrow, my wife and I will bring a lunch to my brother and pass some time with him at the nursing home. We are a bit healthier lot on this board, I suspect, and we should all endeavor to make the lives of those who don’t share that good fortune just a bit better at the holidays.

Peace on earth. Goodwill toward men.

Best,
Ted

5 members like this: Tim Cartmell, John Roberts, DoubleTake, Stanton Hillis, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

This was indeed the "darkest day of the year", the winter solstice, and it actually occurred at about 8 pm. The silver lining in the dark cloud is that from here on out, for the next six months, the daylight hours will get longer and the climate will get warmer.

I love all the seasons. I love the winter cold, the summer heat, and everything in between.

Blessings on all homes represented here during this blessed CHRISTmas season.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
3 members like this: doublenut, Tim Cartmell, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy and Healthy 2024.

3 members like this: Tim Cartmell, John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

From Belgium, Merry Christmas and Happy New Yaer to all members.
Cheers, Marc.

3 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas to all here who love doubles. It was indeed dark yesterday when pheasant hunting. It seemed like sundown came an hour early.

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas. May you spend this holiday season with those you love and remember with love those you can't be with.

And try to remember someone who is alone this Christmas and try to brighten their day.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas. Time for friends, family, and bigger pictures.

2 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Ted Schefelbein
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Merry Christmas to one and all!

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: Tim Cartmell
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas And Best Wishes To Awl For The New Year!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
2 members like this: Tim Cartmell, doublenut
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.