April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Lloyd3, Karl Graebner, dogon, Jtplumb, battle, ClapperZapper, 2 invisible), 991 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,235
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Hello Ted,are you saying sleeved guns have a similar problem of the lump falling off?

I’m saying I prefer my monoblocs to be just that. A single, integral, piece of steel.

Best,
Ted

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think this is a design flaw but an execution fail hundreds of thousands of sxs have brazed lumps this one was done on a Monday with a hangover

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Parker reproduction barrels are entirely brazed together, ribs, and all. I imagine the barrels sets were brazed in a controlled atmosphere furnace. I would guess this lump asy could be re-brazed, but would need fixturing. Not an easy task, for sure.

Dennis Potter
4 members like this: mc, Ted Schefelbein, bushveld, dogon
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
I don't think this is a design flaw but an execution fail hundreds of thousands of sxs have brazed lumps this one was done on a Monday with a hangover

Well, show me a photo of an integral monobloc that has failed. Then let’s talk design.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Parabola
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

We are talking about this parker fail.i did have a Boswell that the lump failed and I had a mono block I bought from a guy named Tom ondrus so I made sleeve tubes out of the Boswell barrels and made new barrels and fitted them so I know what you mean .it looks like a sleeved gun but is new barrels.. sorta

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, it’s a given that a one piece monoblock is ultimately stronger (although I have seen some reports of tubes trying to go down range).

A sleeved gun, at least in the U.K. has to pass proof after being sleeved and it is practically unheard of for the lump to part company subsequently.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Parabola
Ted, it’s a given that a one piece monoblock is ultimately stronger (although I have seen some reports of tubes trying to go down range).

A sleeved gun, at least in the U.K. has to pass proof after being sleeved and it is practically unheard of for the lump to part company subsequently.

I’m all about givens.

Back when there existed a thriving market for new and used sporting guns in England, and Europe, something that does not exist today, the French proof houses rejected out of hand the notion of old guns being repaired with sleeving.

Why?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein

I’m all about givens.

Back when there existed a thriving market for new and used sporting guns in England, and Europe, something that does not exist today, the French proof houses rejected out of hand the notion of old guns being repaired with sleeving.

Why?

Best,
Ted

So? They thought nothing of proofing guns that did not regulate. At all.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof

I’m all about givens.

Why?

Best,
Ted

Gunman kindly explained the likely cause of your regulation problem. But, just like when you blew up Springfield number 220892, you didn’t listen.

At all.

Feel free to detail for us which proof houses test regulation.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof

I’m all about givens.

Why?

Best,
Ted

Gunman kindly explained the likely cause of your regulation problem. But, just like when you blew up Springfield number 220892, you didn’t listen.

At all.

Feel free to detail for us which proof houses test regulation.

Best,
Ted

Wrong, as usual, Ted. They didn't regulate because they were poorly made. Simple as that. No other excuse works, but keep tryin'.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.