April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was following the Bird Dog Bunkhouse rental Thread in the For Sale forum, just as I have done for several years. I saw the post from Gil suggesting that the ad probably wasn't appropriate for the For Sale forum. Then there were several responses from others who said they enjoyed it and felt it was fine. I kinda doubt if Gil followed up with a complaint to Dave. We do have a "Cancel Culture" here that whines and cries to Dave all the time in order to get things censored or deleted, but Gil doesn't seem to be that type of whiny and sneaky crybaby.

Then a couple guys made their obligatory dump on Ed Good, and stated that they felt his advertising was inappropriate. I responded saying that I always enjoyed the pheasant hunting pics, and that the prices seemed reasonable for nice clean accomodations. I saw nothing wrong or offensive about the advertisement. I also commented that there was nothing wrong with Ed's advertising here either, and it seemed obvious that Dave Weber approved. Ed apparently always pays the $12.00 fee for every sale he makes here. Ed even reminds guys who buy a gun he advertises on Guns International to let him know if they saw it advertised here "so Dave gets paid." Ed is also a contributor to this site, in addition to the payments he makes for successful sales.

I asked those who complained about Ed to contrast that with the guys who continue to do free advertising of their businesses and don't pay Dave when they make sales as a result of those ads. One of the Free Advertisers has even bragged about the number of expensive gun importing jobs he/she gets. They don't say a word about that, yet feel it is their duty to do all they can to disrupt Ed's For Sale advertisements. So if they screw Ed out of a sale, then they also screw Dave out of the resulting $12.00 advertising fee, but they don't give a crap.

Funny how some can complain about Keyboard Warriors when they do the same thing.

I also see some complaining about Ed running a WTB ad looking for consignments. If Ed gets some consignments, he will likely advertise those guns here, and Dave would get more $12.00 fees paid. I wonder why he was singled out when there have been quite a few wanted to buy queries made by many others. There is one right now in the Custom Rifle forum. Here's one currently running in the For Sale forum:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=634268#Post634268

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
This is really sad. I'm very sorry to see you've been canceled, and I can't imagine the justification for it.

Nor can I understand why some other people do NOT get canceled.

Best of luck. You deserve better.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

...never pay Dave "one more dime"

I actually agree with the nutty professor here... I don't understand why Dave does not cancel those who thumb their noses at him by advertising in their tagline, and especially those who actively run a campaign to encourage guys to not donate to this site. I would cancel them in a minute... but this isn't my forum, so I don't tell Dave how to run it.

Originally Posted by battle
Wasn't me...

Probably ED

I also wonder why battle made this unfounded accusation. Since I've been here, whenever Ed has a problem with someone, he has confronted them openly, or has sent them a PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: Mills
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always enjoyed your posts.....sadly this place has been taken over by a bunch of liberal bass'turds

1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
It's a vacation rental business that targets the demographic that posts here. It's that simple.
I don't care one way or the other.
It's a business, not a charity.

If that runs afoul of whatever the rules are here, well, it's Dave's call.

And preemptively anticipating Stan's knicker knotting,
I use vacation rentals all the time, world wide. They are a valuable, affordable, option for travelers.
I most recently rented a converted sheep shed in Northumberland on a grouse moor.

I have properties throughout the grouse belt that I intend to make available to traveling grouse hunters.
I'm sure they would be warmly welcomed if I started promoting them here.

The real problem is that Dave applies the rules on a selective basis. Members here breech the rules all the time and there is no consequence. Then, suddenly, there is a consequence. One time....regarding one rule. Impossible to predict.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I absolutely pointed out EDDS business to use as a comparison to the statement that the bunk house was a business I don't want anyone removed or silenced in anyway on here I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to push away shooting hunting related opportunities.

dukxdog Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

NEWS FLASH!

I was just messaged by Dave. I has reconsidered and is allowing me to post for Bird Dog Bunkhouse.

I really appreciate him doing this.

I also appreciate the support received from you guys.

Perhaps some of you will come pheasant hunting in South Dakota, like my house and make new friends.

Sincere regards!

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
11 members like this: GLS, DAM16SXS, Mills, ithaca1, mc, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great news! I'll be standing by for the next crisis on this forum, should be along soon

Mike Proctor
2 members like this: mc, Dan S. W.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
I always enjoyed your posts.....sadly this place has been taken over by a bunch of liberal bass'turds

Now THAT is funny!

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not knowing what Dave and Dukxdog communicated to one another it is not possible for me to know what was just or not.

This board is what it is.

Pleading for niceties is a waste of time. I gave that up a long time ago.

Dave does an overall good job keeping order.

PS just contributed for the board’s upkeep

Last edited by old colonel; 08/23/23 07:00 PM. Reason: Added ps

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
I knew I could count on you Stan.

You bet. Call me out by name and I'll usually respond.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: keith
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

WowEDD is unusually silent on this hope he's ok

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.