May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (KY Jon, Jimmy W), 1,099 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The keyboard warriors strike again. The man was not hurting anybody and should have been left alone. If you do not want what he is offering others might and I do not recall any big issues. A service like this gets people a place to start learning the ins and outs of a new hunting situation in a semi relaxed way. I even thought about doing this this year but getting old got in the way again. Sucks to be getting old before my dog is ready for me to get old.

4 members like this: Richard Carlson, SKB, BrentD, Prof, ithaca1
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not surprised in the least. We have members here who have nothing better to do than engage in this type of petty behavior.

It is no wonder that many knowledgeable posters no longer participate on the BBS.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
2 members like this: Richard Carlson, mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

This would be a good place, and time, for those who found fault with Bobby's advertisement to step up and explain why. It would be enlightening.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
5 members like this: graybeardtmm3, John Roberts, mc, SKB, canvasback
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a vacation rental business that targets the demographic that posts here. It's that simple.
I don't care one way or the other.
It's a business, not a charity.

If that runs afoul of whatever the rules are here, well, it's Dave's call.

And preemptively anticipating Stan's knicker knotting,
I use vacation rentals all the time, world wide. They are a valuable, affordable, option for travelers.
I most recently rented a converted sheep shed in Northumberland on a grouse moor.

I have properties throughout the grouse belt that I intend to make available to traveling grouse hunters.
I'm sure they would be warmly welcomed if I started promoting them here.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The "Cancel Culture" lives on this forum. No where is safe anymore, not even among your peers.

Mike Proctor
4 members like this: battle, mc, OldMaineWoodsman, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bobby, sorry the negative nellies got their way. Just shows no good deed goes unpunished.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not just Cancel Culture. It's the whole twisted new view of free speech.

In other words, a segment of our population practice and support - I believe in free speech as long as I agree with you.

2 members like this: battle, BrentD, Prof
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is the difference if Bobby says ..I have some affordable days for you to go and hunt and EDDgood asking for consignments for his gun business and advertising on this BB.EDD is running a business not a charity I don't care one way or the other ,but come on man this is a bad call by mr.webber

2 members like this: battle, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

MC, so if the crowd likes you, it's OK to promote a business here? But if they don't then No?
I support whatever Dave's view is.

It's an interesting topic to me, because for over 25years I have been watching site managers struggle with is very issue.
Freemarketers will say, "Let the market decide. If no one buys, the adds will fizzle out eventually". Others will say, leave the decision up to me. Others will say, my online experience is being degraded by the advertising. Others will say, "I pay for mine, he doesn't, dump him or I'm out."
Anyone remember when the con artist suckered a bunch of guys on SSMBBS? That was wild.

I think these sites can benefit from open above board advertising. They are already in competition for viewers.

Mostly, I'm interested in Dave's view.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Duckxdog, I am sorry to see that the admin. here has "canceled" your practice of advertising rental of the house you have in pheasant country. Yes, I've thought that it might have been a bit commercial and wondered whether you were paying an advertising fee, but I assure you I've never complained about it to the Admin nor made a post here criticizing your posts nor any listing of yours in the "for sale" section. I've always enjoyed your posts and thought that your "Bed & Breakfast" business was interesting. Far as I know, though the Admin here owns this site and what he decides on the advertising matter is his business. Seems a little unfair to single you out when so much other blatantly commercial material appears here...Geo

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, ClapperZapper
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.