Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Drew Hause
....There are a lot of things in the world, and our nation, that suck right now, and are more important to me than steel shot.

I'm going to add in that many of the things that "suck" today, are all rooted in a common political agenda.

If I am a person that could potentially find common ground on issues such as these, maybe on your return, you might help come up with solutions to the Brents and LGFs of the nation, using emotion based opinion to have an automatic legitimate point? I think the article I used as an example, sucks. Why, because it made zero link to lead projectiles out of any type of firearm, but it is "proof" that laws and regulations imposed by antis have merit.

In any event, regardless of how routine your trips down south have become, safe travels.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
using emotion based opinion

You are describing religion, not science, as you clearly don't understand how science works. As scientists, Brent and I deal in testable hypotheses and provable fact, the very opposite of opinion. Emotion based opinion is your contemptuous dismissal of any science which inconveniences you.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

LGF.if so why are eagles expanding in numbers actual countable numbers . Mabey condors are at the end of of there evolution ladder

mc #634677 08/26/23 08:39 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
LGF.if so why are eagles expanding in numbers actual countable numbers . Mabey condors are at the end of of there evolution ladder

And maybe they are not. Pretty clearly, their habitat has suffered far more anthropogenic impacts that balds. Meanwhile, go back and read LGFs earlier posts. He spelled it out for you. And you know it, of course.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LGF #634678 08/26/23 08:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe you're a good guy LGF, but that's not why you mentioned condor dialysis, is it? I asked quite a while ago, if a loved one of your's needs heart surgery, do you want the surgeon completely versed in the most appropriate science, or do you want some song and dance about podiatry best practice?

You don't get it do you, I believe I understand science better than fits your comfort level, I call on you to apply it, when you intend to harm me, and my family with binding policy. I live with incoveniences on a daily basis, happily, but that comment is just a game you came up with that we're not really playing, are we?

Hey, on a lighter note, where are today's green arses, not of yesteryear when the tailpipes of every car in North America spewed lead laced plumes, or companies were still putting it in paints and children's toys? Why are we guessing that wild birds are laying dead of lead poisoning in unknown places, when science is repeatable and Muscovy ducks could graze a triple concentration lead shot seeded control field, to verify what happens? What, might not work, shucks Iowa State should give it a go.

kali used to be one of my favorite places to visit, and there was a time when the pacific flyway was something special. Did you ever consider that you messed up that once great state, and not responsible sportsmen?

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, you don't understand up from down.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
craig, you don't understand up from down.

It would take one to know one.

A guy accused you of being a scientist, yet, we had multiple pages of discussion about patterning for Ruffed Grouse, initiated by who?

Let that sink in. Patterning a gun for Ruffed Grouse? Really?

I’ve seen them hit with the wad out of a shotgun shell, the shot obviously going off in a different direction, and the damn bird brought to bag. When I was perhaps 17, I fired one round at a piece of cardboard, out of an IC choked Remington model 17, and determined, scientifically, I had a killer grouse gun.

Weird, huh?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

It doesn't surprise me that you would not pattern a gun. Your Darnes are probably as bad as mine (that was yours). The last thing you would want to see is their actual patterns on a target. You really are clueless. But you are easy to figure.

You keep hunting grouse with wads, while I laugh.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a way to determine the source of lead using lead isotopes. Here is a paper which shows that the high lead levels in a young bald eagle were associated with lead paint, lead in gasoline and lead smelting and not with lead ammunition.

"The Use of Lead Isotope Analysis to Identify Potential Sources of Lead Toxicosis in a Juvenile Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) With Ventricular Foreign Bodies"

https://www.jstor.org/stable/44806036

It would be nice if all research used those methods when lead was found to be contributing to the death or ill health of birds and other animals.

Regards - Ian Forrester
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ian Forrester
There is a way to determine the source of lead using lead isotopes. Here is a paper which shows that the high lead levels in a young bald eagle were associated with lead paint, lead in gasoline and lead smelting and not with lead ammunition.

"The Use of Lead Isotope Analysis to Identify Potential Sources of Lead Toxicosis in a Juvenile Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) With Ventricular Foreign Bodies"

https://www.jstor.org/stable/44806036

It would be nice if all research used those methods when lead was found to be contributing to the death or ill health of birds and other animals.

Interesting. Where do you suppose a juvenile in the 20teens would be guzzling leaded gasoline?

Here's another - and not just one individual. A bit more substantial data set, wouldn't you say? Different results.
https://esajournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ecs2.3006#:~:text=Isotopic%20ratios%20of%20206Pb,to%2089%25%20of%20the%20nestlings.

Lots of other papers out there. Most show ammunition lead.

_________

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.